Morse-It is an easy to use application that allows to translate, interpret, type, learn, convert Morse code, and much more.
It is retina display enhanced, universal binary (run on iPhone/iPod and iPad), and is compatible with VoiceOver.
Type some text and it will be automatically encoded into some fullscreen flashing effect of the associated Morse code.
The flash light of your device will also be used.
Your "SOS" messages will be seen quite far away !
Some sound will also be played accordingly. In detailed mode, the text being encoded is scrolling through the decoding process.
Tap some morse code onto the screen and the program will translate it into some text.
Different input types are handled : Novice, Straight key, Memory Paddle, Iambic Paddle (A and B), Microphone. Left and right handed modes supported.
Test and improve your skills : are you good enough to be understood?
Create audio files containing Morse code in a dynamic way or from a given text.
Use those files as you wish : listen to them to train your decoding skills or use them as ringtones for your phone.
Exclusive feature allowing to decode, in real time, the Morse code recorded from the microphone into Text (the sound must be quite clear/loud and without much noise).
Some automatic calibration is performed, allowing adaptation to speed, tone and volume changes.
The full Morse alphabet can also be consulted and the associated Morse code can be played.
Tapped and decoded text can be edited and exported to the clipboard, the In-app email and SMS.
A special screen allows textual conversion of morse code and text. Exchange encoded messages with your friends.
Wikipedia and Visual Mnemonic screens allowing to get informations and mnemonics regarding morse code.
You can also add your own web sites for an in-app consultation.
All the application is highly configurable (Frequency, WPM, tone type, color, morse characters, variables ...)
!!! As seen on TV !!! (UK) in Most Haunted Live: Apparently you can use it to communicate with ghosts (no guaranty though)
Premium features can also be unlocked as a single in-app purchase :
Koch trainer screen, CWops Academy learning method, Quiz screen, Prosigns, Macros, Dictionaries : abbreviations, QSOs, mnemonics, Timing (farnsworth) and Morse alphabet/prosigns personalization, look customization ... and more.
Morse-it is powered by Icom, a world leader in the amateur radio market.
Thank you for using Morse-it!
Here are the changes since last time:
• 8.2.1 : Fix to prevent a crash when exiting the send segment screen of the CWops Academy feature.
• Hardware Interface: Keyboard / gamecontroller / icade controller support and configuration (allowing to potentially connect a real Morse Key).
• New version popup displaying the changes since last update, if any.
• Option to hide the Morse code displayed on the Pads and in the Encode screen.
• Option to slightly reduce the delay before automatically inserting a letter or word separated, to improve recognition (setting in the Key Type selection screen)
• Fix to prevents a possible torch lag with high speed Morse code.
• Tabbar change animations (optional feature).
• Settings: Global reorganization, mainly to avoid defining the same thing in different places (like speed/key type/gestures). You might have to update the Speed/Key type once, after this update.
• Settings: Possibility to change all the configuration sliders precisely by touching their value.
• Settings: Possibility to precisely enter a color using a RGB value.
• Premium: Improved Farsnworth precision (which can now be defined in WPM in the Settings screen, and not on the Rules Screen anymore).
• Premium: More options and information to share custom Macro Lists.
• Premium: Macros can be duplicated.
• Premium: CWOps Items macro list added (this can be useful in the Koch or the Quiz screen).
• Smaller fixes and improvements.