57,000 headwords and more than 190,000 translations • more than 90,000 phrases • full conjugations for thousands of French and English verbs • hundreds of usage notes and examples • no internet connection required
Carry a dependable French and English reference everywhere you go with the latest edition of the Collins Pro French-English Translation Dictionary. This app combines detailed, professional dictionary data from HarperCollins and Le Robert with our new, easy-to-use Ultralingua interface. Our smart search goes beyond dictionary entries to give you complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, convert numerals into French or English text instantly, and catch common misspellings to get you to the word you are looking for faster than ever.
• Over 57,000 entries with 190,000 translations
• Over 90,000 example phrases
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose "Speak" from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apple's built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Genders for all French nouns
• Idioms, slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Dozens of cultural notes
• Smart search results in both French and English simultaneously, in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Tap on a word in a definition to quickly look it up, conjugate it, or copy it to your clipboard. This features recognizes inflected forms and chooses the correct language for you.
• Search the dictionary by speaking to Apple’s Siri on applicable devices
• Conjugations for thousands of French and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Displays the direct translation of each conjugation when available
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• View verb conjugations in a single tense or expand a verb to view all conjugations in one user-friendly format
• Translates numerals into French and English text as you type
• Language swapper button to switch from French-English to English-French with ease
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• Favorite individual definitions and verbs and view them by tapping on the favorites button.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The Collins Robert Concise French Dictionary is a must-have reference tool for students and language professionals alike.
(5 stars) "Best French dictionary ever - In the 30 years that I have been studying and using French I have yet to find a better French-English dictionary, whether in-print, online or an app. This app is totally worth the price." -User review
(5 stars) "Wonderful for an high intermediate reader like me who often needs a clarification but doesn't want to haul around a heavy dictionary. The interface is great because it anticipates the word as you type and if your French spelling is weak - like mine is - it saves a lot of time." -User review
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
• Updated for iOS 9
• Updated for iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPad Pro
• Simplified navigation
• Optional side-by-side dictionary and conjugations on iPad
• Faster loading of Favorites
• Export your Favorites via AirDrop or email
• Many data improvements and small bug fixes