AS SEEN ON TV! Classics is now featured in Apple's iPhone TV commercial, "Read".
Escape into some of the greatest stories ever written.
Experience digital reading in a way that is so natural, and so obvious, it just feels right.
It begins with a collection of over a dozen hand-picked, literary masterpieces…
• *NEW* Through the Looking-Glass
• *NEW* The Odyssey
• *NEW* The Art of War
• *NEW* The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
• *NEW* The Illiad
• *NEW* The Count of Monte Cristo
• *NEW* Frankenstein
• Treasure Island
• Pride & Prejudice
• A Christmas Carol (illustrated)
• Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (illustrated)
• Gulliver's Travels
• The Time Machine
• The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
• The Call of the Wild
• Flatland (illustrated)
• 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
• Robinson Crusoe
• The Jungle Book
• The Metamorphosis
• Paradise Lost
• Hound of the Baskervilles
• More books coming via free app updates!
"You get the feeling of actually reading a book" - Jim Dalrymple, Macworld
• An intuitive and elegantly designed reading experience with realistic 3D page flips that track to your finger. You can even drag a bit to take a peek at the next page, or finish reading a sentence as you start turning!
• Flick up and down in your virtual bookcase to view your collection, tap a book to open, and tap and hold to drag and sort your books
• Tap the table of contents button on the top right for quick navigation between chapters
• View how far you are in a book at a glance with a subtle progress display integrated into the top bar
• Classics automatically remembers your place with a satin bookmark when exiting the app or book
• Options to toggle 'page flip' animation to a more minimal 'slide', and to turn the page flip sound off and on can be found in your iPhone's settings application
"You're really getting a much nicer book experience… it's a gorgeous program." - Leo Laporte, MacBreak Weekly
(1/01/09, Note from the creators): It's hard to believe it's only been two swift months since our initial release! So far, over 100,000 happy customers and buzz from sites like Macworld, Ars Technica, MacRumors, TUAW and Wired's Cult of Mac have helped Classics become the #1 selling app for two straight months in the books category of the App Store. A huge thanks for your continued support, and look for more frequent content updates over the near future. :)