iCab Mobile is a web browser for the iOS. It provides many unique and useful features you won't find in other iPhone browsers.
The Watch App is a remote control for iCab Mobile, so you can navigate, zoom, scroll, open bookmarks, links, the homepage, switch tabs or sitch on/off the fullscreen mode. It is also possible to let iCab read a web site using speech output.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages (Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites).
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected. Supports many third-party Password Manager Apps as well.
There’s a built-in fully customizable filter feature. It allows to block resources, ads, banners, user tracking scripts, cookies etc. Supports AdBlock Plus/EasyList filters as well.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Download Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files
You can create multiple user accounts, each user has its own private bookmarks, filters, settings, etc.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
In this mode, you can have two browsers side by side on the iPad. This is especially useful on the large iPad Pro.
The App is also accessible for visually impaired and blind users. If VoiceOver is enabled, the App plays soft ticks while a page is loading, so blind users are able to identify when the page load has finished.
- Configurable multi-touch gestures
- QuickStarter feature
- AirPrint support
- Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
- iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names
- Cookie Manager
- Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
- Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
- URL autocompletion
- Simple built-in RSS reader
- Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
- Kiosk Mode - a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
- Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
- When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
- There are different color schemes and designs
- Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device
The App includes a store providing several InApp purchases. These are meant as a tip jar. The InApp purchases are available for different prices, so you can pick the amount for the tip yourself. Doing so will unlock a few cool features as a reward, these are always the same, regardless of the amount of the tip. Users who have purchased the App within the last 12 months do get all these features for free, no need to buy one of the InApp purchases. Though they can nevertheless give me a tip, if they want to... ;-)
- A bug in iOS 15 caused a crash when opening the print window and the name of the last used printer contains certain special characters. The new version of iCab Mobile avoids this issue by no longer trying to configure the last used printer as default for the print job. Therefore you may need to pick the printer manually, in case you are using multiple printers and the iOS has not picked the correct one as default.
- Because iOS 15 falsely shows the file sharing extension within the "Files" App which was supposed to be provided for older iOS releases only, this extension was removed from iCab Mobile now.
- An issue within the web engine of iOS 15 had the result that under certain circumstances the "Font size" option for web sites did not always work. This is now fixed.
- Adds a workaround for a crashing issue of the HandOff feature of the iOS. HandOff crashes when trying to share URLs which match certain patterns. The new release of iCab filters out the problematic URL patterns.
- iCab Mobile allows to switch Tabs by just swiping the whole web site to the left or right, revealing the Tab which is located at this side. This is very convenient and fast, but can cause confusion if the web site itself can be scrolled horizontally, because then the swipe gesture will first scroll as far as possible before switching to the next Tab. On the iPhone a new option allows to do a swipe gesture to the left or right on the bottom toolbar as well, which will switch Tabs even faster, regardless if horizontally scrolling is possible. This option can be enabled in the "Tabs" settings
- When entering a URL into the addressfield the browser will allow incomplete URLs. It will automatically add the missing parts (for example it will add missing URL schemes like "http://", etc) if this is possible. If by adding a missing URL scheme would not create a valid URL, the input is treated as search term and will initiate a search. In case the user wants to search for an email address, this approach did fail, because an email address is a valid domain name and when completed by "http://" would be a perfectly valid URL. So in this case iCab would have tried to opened the e-mail domain as web site instead of searching for the e-mail address. The new release of iCab will now detect email-addresses and will initiate a search for them.
- Bugfix: In case iCab was configured to automatically logout of the current account when leaving the App, and the Addressfield was activated when leaving the App, the Address suggestions window was not closed.
- Bugfix: Fixes a few issues within the default filters which are shipped with the App