iKanji touch is a powerful kanji study and training tool covering over 2,000 JLPT and school grade jouyou kanji.
New in Version 2.0
- Full iPad support in portrait and landscape
- Vocabulary browser with JLPT based sets
- Hear vocabulary pronounced using the Japanese text-to-speech facility
- Kanji searching by radical parts
- Redesigned flash cards make better use of larger screens
- Lots of bug fixes and minor improvements
- Kanji are grouped by grade and JLPT and subdivided into sets of 20 for easy practice.
- Includes new 2010 jouyou kanji.
- Reference ‘cards’ for each kanji with readings, stroke count, radical etc.
- List of example compounds for each kanji.
- Leitner System based spaced repetition Teach Me mode.
- Reading test to quiz you on kanji readings (onyomi and kunyomi).
- Meaning test to practice your ability to recognise the English meaning of a given kanji.
- Compound test to complete words by filling in the missing kanji.
- Stroke order test to practice writing kanji (not available for all kanji yet).
- Search for kanji by readings, stroke count or meaning.
- Ability to create multiple practice sets and track wrongly answered kanji.
- Extras store where you can purchase additional features to tailor iKanji touch to your needs
Please note all kanji readings (onyomi and kunyomi) are in hiragana and katakana only. Romaji is not used in this application.
*JLPT sets are based on kanji usually taught at these levels and are not based on official listings for current tests.
- Select your preferred language for kanji and vocab meanings in the app settings screen (choice of English, French or Spanish)
- Improved stroke animations for many JLPT N5/Grade 1-2 kanji
- Fixes a bug that could cause crashes when browsing vocab
- Fixes a stroke order error for the kanji 捨
- Various minor glitches corrected