* New in 1.01: Fixed a bug that prevented some iPod Touch users from adding images to the iPrompts Library
* Coming soon: Another update to optimize performance for all users
iPrompts™ Version 1.01 is a customizable, visual prompting tool for use with individuals that may benefit from having structure and visual aids throughout the day.
The application is designed especially for parents, special educators and therapists to use with developmentally challenged and language-impaired individuals, like people with Autism, Down syndrome, Fragile X syndrome, and apraxia of speech. iPrompts™ also works great with kids who just need more structure, including kids with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and even typical, pre-verbal toddlers!
Created by the parents of a boy with Autism and a certified Speech-Language Pathologist, iPrompts™ provides several useful visual prompting tools (no audio prompts or voice output) to help impaired individuals transition from one activity to the next, understand upcoming events, make choices, and focus on the task at hand:
* PICTURE SCHEDULES: Allows caregivers to create sequences of pictures, guiding those they care for through activities of any sort. Schedules can have many pictures, or even just two (i.e., to create a FIRST THIS, THEN THAT picture prompt). Captions can be edited for each image, allowing users to create simple SOCIAL STORIES. To create a schedule, users can choose from hundreds of stock photos and illustrations provided by iPrompts™, select any photo stored in the “Photos” library of any iPhone or iPod touch, or take pictures “on the fly” using the iPhone’s built-in camera.
* VISUAL COUNTDOWN TIMER: This feature displays an image of the caregiver’s choice along with a graphical countdown timer (set to any duration), and is useful for demonstrating how much time is left until a current activity ends, or before the next pictured activity begins.
* CHOICE PROMPTS: Lets caregivers select any two images which may be offered as a choice, empowering those who cannot vocalize their preferences. When rotated horizontally, the Choice Prompt and Picture Schedule features enlarge and orient images for display to individuals needing visual support.
* IMAGE LIBRARY: Includes hundreds of useful illustrations and digital pictures across numerous categories. Additional categories and pictures can be created and supplied by users.
iPrompts™ is a portable, flexible, easy-to-use, stigma-free and “green” alternative to using Velcro-backed and laminated cards or magnet boards, and is especially helpful in reducing the frustrations of everyday life when traveling or on the go. iPrompts™ has been successfully field tested with parents who love the time it saves compared to various other tools (like CD-ROM packages) requiring tedious printing, cutting and lamination. Professionals such as speech therapists, occupational therapists, behavioralists and special educators can store multiple schedules and social stories for entire caseloads of different patients or students (as can parents for different children, days of the week, etc.). No more carrying binders full of social stories and picture strips! With iPrompts™, it’s all on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Buy iPrompts™ Version 1.01 now and enjoy future updates as we expand our image library and launch exciting new features.
At HandHold Adaptive™, we believe the disabled shouldn’t be left out of the wireless revolution, and we are committed to adapting mass market consumer devices for special needs applications. We proudly introduce iPrompts™ as the first of many steps in bridging the digital divide to the developmentally different population.
For more information: www.iprompts.com.
© 2009 HandHold Adaptive, LLC