This workout training coach will help you get into shape using the C25K system, a series of interval workouts, each about 30 minutes, spanning 9 weeks, culminating in your ability to run 5 km (3.1 miles) without stopping or walking. This app was created by Lucius Kwok and Kasten Searles.
• 20 to 30 minute workouts, plus a 5-minute warmup & a 5-minute cooldown.
• Alternate between intervals of jogging & walking in an increasingly challenging set of workouts.
• Full program takes 9 weeks, but you can start at any point.
• Voice prompts tell you when to jog and when to walk.
• Choose from female, male, or no voice prompts.
• Keep track of each completed workout.
• Use it with your own playlists — music, podcasts, or other audio.
• Use it along with Nike+ (Nike Plus system for tracking your runs).
• For runners, joggers, walkers, marathon training, running, jogging, fitness, exercise, weight loss, performance, interval trainers, race calendar.
• Check out my Food Diary Calorie Counter for keeping a eating journal and maintaining or losing weight.
Q: I don't hear any audio cues.
A: Make sure your iPhone's ringer switch is not set to Silent. It's the top switch on the left side of the iPhone. Also make sure to have music playing in the background.
Q: Do the audio cues play when the screen is locked (dark)?
A: Yes, the cues should play even if you turn off and lock the screen, but only if you have music or a playlist playing in the background. I have tested it with both iPhone OS 2.2.1 and OS 3.0, and on the original iPhone, iPhone 3G S, and the iPod touch (2nd generation), and it performs as designed, playing the cues at the appropriate times.
Q: Can you play your own music behind the cues?
A: Yes, you should start your own playlist or Nike+ workout before launching this app. The cues will play on top of your music.
Q: What if I want silence instead of music?
A: You could use a silent song, such as John Cage's 4'33", and put it on one-song repeat for the duration of the workout. Or download the silent song from the support web page.
Q: The audio cues are too loud. Can I turn them down?
A: Yes, you can select the None option for the Voice, and it will play a quieter beep instead of the siren alarm sound. There are also quieter versions of the male and female voices.
Q: What if I have problems using this app?
A: Please click on the support link below, or send an email to [email protected] Be sure to let me know what kind of iPhone or iPod touch and OS version you are using.
Make sure to update to at least iPhone OS version 3.1 to avoid problems such as workouts being paused.