*** VERSION 1.2.1 NOW AVAILABLE - OPENFEINT ENABLED! ***
"Art of Deflection kicks my a*s, spits in my eye, calls me a loser, and then invites me to try again. Time after time I take the abuse, just like a rodeo cowboy getting back in the saddle... The presentation is retro to the maximum and I like it."
- iPhone Games Network
Changes in version 1.2.1
- Allow automatic submitting of scores to OpenFeint; this feature can be turned off in the game options
- OpenFeint dashboard upgraded to version 2.1
Changes in version 1.2.0
- Compare high scores and achievements with friends and the world online using OpenFeint
Changes in version 1.1.0:
- Allow iPod music during gameplay: set Volume in Options to "OFF" (0%)
- Performance improvements
Changes in version 1.0.1:
- Reduced the difficulty of level six (6)
In The Art of Deflection, use your finger with speed and accuracy to guide a glowing ball to the goal in deadly obstacle courses! Create green lines with your finger and the ball will bounce off of them, but watch out for red lines that might move and rotate which will bring you back to the start! Complete a level quickly to get the best score, but collect gems throughout the level to get bonus points. Collecting more without crashing gives you a score multiplier!
- Avoid red lines while creating green lines to get the ball to the yellow goal.
- Create lines by swiping a finger across the screen and then releasing.
- Pass blue checkpoint lines to restart from that point after crashing.
- There are a limited number of tries per level - crash too many times and it's game over!
- Watch for green and red portals which could either get you around the level or take you back to the start!
- Collect gems for bonus points which are added at the completion of each level.
- Keep track of the top three local scores in each level.
Programming, Graphics, Level Design - Mark Grocki
Level Design, QA, Inspiration and Encouragement - Iwona Olszewska-Grocki (Mark's wife and soulmate)
Sounds - SoundSnap.com
The initial release has fifteen (15) levels to play through. There are more levels to come!