EARTH DAY SALE - 50% OFF!
Apple's iPad APP OF THE WEEK (UK and Ireland), March 2011
AppStore Rewind 2011, one of Apple's favourite iPhone finance apps of 2011 (UK and Ireland)
Closely monitor your household energy and water usage and the chances are you will SAVE MONEY!
This useful application makes it easy to MONITOR your household utility meters. Once you start entering readings, your usage, costs and savings are calculated and displayed in easy to visualise graphs.
For UK users, you can also compare your usage and costs against energy supplier prices in your area to see if you can SAVE EVEN MORE money. You can even switch suppliers directly from your device!
- Monitor up to NINE separate household meters, e.g. electricity, gas, water, solar ... etc
- Quick entry of readings, as often as you like
- Use the rear-facing torch/flashlight when reading your meters (if your device has one)
- Local reminders so you don't forget to enter your readings
- Displays usage and costs for the latest readings period, and compares this with your average or previous year
- Plots graphs of usage and costs per day, week, month, quarter or year, so that you can visualise changes over time, e.g. against the previous year
- Multiple colour themes (black, red, blue, green ... etc)
- Import historical readings from a CSV file
- Export readings as a CSV file for easy import into a spreadsheet
- Backup your data and sync it between devices by email, AirDrop, Dropbox or iCloud
- Universal app, works on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
METERS, CURRENCY AND RATES
- User configurable units, so the app could be used for other types of measurement
- Support for meters that count up (e.g. electricity, gas, water ... etc), down (e.g. oil, petrol/gas ... etc), or where your readings ARE your usage (e.g. broadband data)
- Uses the currency from your device's region setting, but you can override this per meter (e.g. for holiday homes)
- Handles a wide range of rates and charges, e.g. fixed or time based rates, per-unit rates, stepped rates for up to 12 levels, Economy 7/10, time of day meters ... etc
- Support for rate changes, if/when you switch supplier or they change your rates
- Check your bills by comparing any pair of readings (e.g. those submitted to your supplier)
- View your usage and costs since your last bill, as well as an estimate of when and how much your next bill will be
PRICE COMPARISON (UK only)
- Compare your usage and costs against energy supplier prices for your postcode
- Completely independent tariff calculator from Energylinx, the UK's number 1 guide to utility prices
- Switch energy suppliers directly on your device, or email yourself a link to do it on a computer
PRO USER FEATURES (via a ONE-TIME in-app purchase)
- Removes the restriction on meter numbers, e.g. for landlords, businesses and professionals
Please don't leave support requests on iTunes as these are anonymous and I have no way of contacting you if I have questions. Instead there is a link to my support page from iTunes and from the app itself (or simply go to http://grahamhaley.co.uk/meters/).
Alternatively, PLEASE contact me directly via my support pages and you will get a quick response.
If you like my app and appreciate the many FREE updates, please leave a review on iTunes (or update your previous review to version 5.1). Thank you!
This update is necessary to migrate to some new APIs from Dropbox, as the old ones are being permanently disabled at the end of June 2017!
If you are currently using the Apps folder to store your backup files, you shouldn't notice any difference. However if you are using the Root (i.e. top level) folder, you will need to re-link the app to Dropbox to continue using their service. Unfortunately files cannot be migrated automatically, but this is very easy to do from a computer. Please see my support site or get in touch if you need help.
If you think the torch functionality is not working, chances are you have disabled access to the camera in your device's privacy settings (this is set per app). I now detect this and warn about it on the Settings screen.
Note that you now require iOS 8 or above. Older versions (of iOS and my app) will continue to work, but you will no longer get updates.