Galileo is an offline map application with a great potential!
If you are have troubles with app start, try to delete app, and install it again.
==Offline World Map up to 6 zoom level included!==
Galileo keeps all downloaded tiles in cache. Once tiles have been downloaded they will be saved and shown later. That means that You will have the ability to browse maps offline!
Galileo is initially supplied with seven predefined layers from different sources:
• CloudMade - Auto
• CloudMade - Cycling
• CloudMade - Fresh
• CloudMade - Midnight
• CloudMade - Tourist
• OpenStreetMap [email protected]
Use any layer of Your choice to display the map!
Galileo can start with the map location and zoom defined last time the application was used.
Galileo easily finds Your present location on map through GPS. Just clicking “Locate Me” button will bring You to Your location on the map and will follow you when you moving.
Just adjust “Home” location option in settings and quickly go back to the preset home location on the map anytime You wish!
With Galileo You will never get lost!
Galileo v1.1 supports the following features:
• Keeping all downloaded tiles to cache;
• Previously cached tiles management;
• Work with two predefined layers from different sources;
• Identifying user position on map using GPS;
• Presetting currently displayed area as Home location;
• Hiding/showing the bottom toolbar with a three-finger tap;
• Displaying maps both in portrait and landscape mode;
• Required location accuracy adjustment;
Application supposes the following features in further releases:
• OpenGL map engine;
• New map layers;
• Ability to import new offline maps for cities or even entire countries;
• Imported tiles management;
• Location search;
• Route recording;
• Distance filter adjustment in order to set the frequency of the GPS signals;
• Your ideas? (mail us at [email protected])
Map Data provided by OpenStreetMap.org under CCBYSA.
Tiles from CloudeMade layers © 2009 CloudMade.