IT Tools is a network scanner and analyzer for IT professionals. Includes continuous traceroute, DNS lookup, ping, routing tables, ARP tables, interface statistics, list of active connections and more. IPv6 is fully supported, including reverse DNS. All tools support sending results via Mail, and Messages.
WiFi Network Scanner
Discover all the machines running on your network.
• Supports IPv6 scanning via broadcast addresses
• IP, MAC and Vendor name
• All Bonjour/mDNS services, including all extra data stored in the TXT record.
• All UPnP devices, including sub-devices and services.
• Discover devices using NetBIOS. This helps a lot on networks with many Windows machines.
Provides details of the network hops to the destination host. Optimized to determine the network path extremely quickly, often in less then 5 seconds. Once the path is determined, it proceeds to continuously ping each hop to provide additional statistics and alternate paths, similar to tools like PathPing and MTR.
• Visualize traceroute geolocation data on the map
• Configurable start and max TTL, interval and payload size
• Choose which interface to use
• Lists all hostnames that respond to each hop
• View the AS Numbers associated with each hop
• Detects when an IP address is entered, and looks up the reverse PTR record
• Use the current system DNS server, or supply your own
• Choose from 50 supported DNS record types, including A, AAAA, CNAME, LOC, MX, NS, SRV, TXT
• Request DNSSEC records
• Optionally query using EDNS, including the NSID option.
• View LOC and GPOS records on a map
• Force DNS lookup over TCP to diagnose DNS server issues
• View the full DNS response, with headers and the question, answer, authority and additional sections
• Lookup internationalized domain names (IDN)
• Configurable TTL, Payload size, and interval
• Choose which interface to use
• Optionally keep the screen from going to sleep for very long ping sessions
• Optional audible sound on errors or when responses arrive
• Lookup details about hosts, IP addresses, and more
• Auto detects the whois server based on the query, or use a custom server
• Route statistics updated in real time
• Very useful for diagnosing WiFi and VPN configuration issues
• All network interfaces on your device
• Network statistics updated in real time
• Current WiFi and WWAN IP Address
• WiFi SSID and BSSID
Active Network Connections
• All listening server sockets
• The IP and hostname of the remote server
• Lookup AS Numbers for the remote server
ARP - Address Resolution Protocol
Displays the current mapping of IP addresses to hardware (MAC) addresses.
NDP - IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Protocol
Display the IPv6 routers and nodes that have been discovered.
Includes a MAC address database, lookup the manufacturers name and address for any devices on your network.
• Improved whois support for new TLDs
• Support for internationalized domain names (IDN)
• Other stability and bug fixes
Whats new in 2.17
• Network Scan can now discover devices using NetBIOS. This helps a lot on networks with many Windows machines
• Support for iOS9 Split View and Slide Over
• Support 3D Touch on iOS9
• Improved iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus landscape support
• Speed up DNS and fix an issue where results would not appear