Newsie is a finely crafted Google Reader client for social newsies. FEATURED on the App Store Nov 10, 2009. HIT TOP TEN in the News category Nov 16, 2009
Newsie requires a FREE Google Reader account. You can get one at http://reader.google.com, or by tapping the "New Account" button on the Log In screen.
NewsGator users: with the integration of NewsGator and Google Reader, you can use Newsie to access your feeds!
Dig for cool news. Share it with your friends. Newsie works with your Google Reader account to deliver fresh news to your iPhone or iPod Touch. In Google Reader, you can sign up to receive automatic updates from:
• All your favorite blogs
• The New York Times
• The Huffington Post
• The Wall Street Journal
• Fox News
• Ars Technica
• Many, many others — basically any blog or major news source!
When you find items you're interested in, read them with Newsie's built-in web browser, "star" or send them to Instapaper for later reading, instantly share them with the built-in emailing panel, or tweet them using Tweetie or Twitterrific.
Unlike other news readers that leave you staring at a blank screen while it "syncs" in the background, Newsie fetches news items immediately. So if you have a minute while you're standing in line at the grocery, or if you've just got a moment in the elevator, go ahead an reach for Newsie.
Newsie works with Google Reader to ensure the news you're viewing is the same as you'd see on the web, so you can seamlessly switch between your desktop and your iPhone/iPod Touch. Any changes you make to an item's status, including "star", read/unread, and "shared", is quickly synchronized.
Newsie not only saves articles for off-line reading, it also saves a news item's original web page when you "star" it. With this feature, you can quickly build a reading list for off-line reading on an airplane.
Check out the following features and more on Newsie's web site: http://instantvoodoomagic.com/newsie
• Fast, attractive, "river-of-news" style interface
• Screen rotation lock for easy bedtime reading
• Landscape mode enlarges an article's font for people without perfect vision
• Preference for automatically going full-screen when viewing web sites
• Google Mobilizer support on 2G/3G networks
• Efficient "marking menu" -- just slide a an item in the news list to the right to quickly mark an item read/unread or starred
• Syncs read/unread/shared status of news articles with Google Reader continuously*1
• Immediately caches the web page associated with items you've starred so they're ready to go when you're offline
• Send to your Instapaper account if you prefer it for offline reading
• Context Bar quickly switches between new news, starred & shared items, and annotated news items
• Never lose your place — Newsie remembers where you were in your reading list, and which article you were last reading, even if you quit
• Add notes to your favorite articles and access them anywhere, at any time, on any machine with a web browser
• Filter your "river-of-news" by source feed, tag, or folder
• Read summary descriptions of a virtually unlimited*2 number of news items, even when offline
• Browse and email articles without exiting Newsie
• Newsie supports Twitterrific and Tweetie for tweeting news articles
*1 needs an Internet connection
*2 limited only by available memory on your iPhone/iPod Touch