Raise your hand if you think the only solutions to sin(x) = 0.5 are 30 degrees or pi/6 radians. Feel free to use your calculator.
If you raised your hand, promptly use your hand to download this application.
There are actually an infinite number of solutions to most inverse trigonometry problems, but your calculator probably only gives you one. Guess what. Your teacher probably wants you to explain all of the solutions. "Trig Pro" does that.
This unique app also computes the reference angle in degrees or radians for any given angle. Useful in real life for most people? No. Useful for Trig students? Definitely.
"Trig Pro" contains a wealth of solvers and tutorials:
- A unit circle in vivid colors
- Unit circle representations of the six trig functions
- A triangle solver (SSS, SAS, AAS, ASA, SSA)
- A solver for showing attributes and graphical representations of the six trig functions
- Changes in amplitude, period, horizontal shifts and vertical shifts
- An extensive list of formulas and identities
- Degree/Radian converters
- Tutorials on 30-60-90 and 45-45-90 triangles
- Step-by-step examples of solving inverse trig problems
- Step-by-step examples of simplifying trig expressions
- Angles of Elevation and Depression
- Polar curves: Limacons, Rose Curves, and Lemniscates
5 screen shots don't do this application justice. More screen shots at:
I welcome all comments, questions, and suggestions: [email protected]
Follow me on facebook for app news, tips, and free Math help:
Please check out my other applications:
ACT Math Prep
Math Pro (six Math apps for the price of two!)
SAT Math Prep
- Fixed navigation bug within the inverse trig solver
- New icons