The name AccuWeather was not chosen lightly. As we developed the capability to produce the most accurate weather forecasts, we also developed a brand where the very name “AccuWeather” communicates our most important product: accurate weather. As a company, we work hard each day to maintain our reputation as the world’s best and most accurate source of weather information.
Every day more than an estimated 1.5 billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides unique forecasts in more than 100 languages and dialects with Superior Accuracy™ for all locations worldwide – more locations than any other government or private weather source.
AccuWeather provides the very latest in weather news and information, including unique and proprietary features such as the AccuWeather MinuteCast®, a minute-by-minute precipitation forecast for the next two hours hyper-localised to your exact street address or GPS location. This feature presents a 120 minute summary outlining the precipitation type and intensity, as well as start and end times for when precipitation will affect your location. MinuteCast® is available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Andorra, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Gibraltar, Liechtenstein and a growing list of global locations.
Stay connected to the latest in weather forecasting with AccuWeather’s weather information that will help you to plan your day. Content includes:
• Current condition weather observations
• Weather forecast summary and details
• Local / Short-term outlook forecasts
• Animated radar and satellite imagery
*Content varies by location.
In version 10.0.1:
- Resolved an intermittent crash scenario
- Apple Watch and Today Extension fixes for iOS 9 users
Also, we forgot to mention the new ‘Color Theme’ feature for iPhone and iPad. Select between always light, always dark, and automatic day/night switching.
***** We’re Making Changes *****
Soon this stand-alone paid application will no longer be supported. When Apple releases iOS10, AccuWeather will only be offering the Platinum experience through an In-App purchase on its Free App. This In-App Purchase will be offered at NO CHARGE to all of our current standalone Platinum app users.
Once Apple releases iOS10, this app will provide a window with instructions on how to get your upgrade for free. Consolidating these apps will allow us to bring you new and better features at a faster rate. We appreciate your loyalty!
New Features for iOS 10:
- Fun weather stickers for iMessage
- Refreshed Apple Watch design for an even better weather experience on your watch
- "Dark Theme" support on Apple TV
- A refresh to the AccuWeather widget brings in new visuals and a faster loading experience
We’re also excited to share:
- New options to receive severe weather push alerts for multiple locations - including your live current location
- AccUcast, an area where you can report conditions and hazards, got a design overhaul that now allows for Thunderstorm and Fog submissions
- You can now share your incredible photos and videos of weather happening near you with our new ‘Upload Video’ feature
- Dramatic speed improvements to the Apple Watch application