Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Use a variety of colors to draw perfectly straight lines or activate zoom-writing for detailed work.
• Ink is fine-tuned for Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Navigator.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive are all supported!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** Bug fixes in 8.0.4 ***
• Fixes issues with newer versions of iOS
*** Bug fixes in 8.0.3 ***
• Stability and performance improvements
*** Bug fixes in 8.0.2 ***
• The note zoom level was incorrectly reverted when opening the page manager on the 12.9 iPad Pro
• Sizes are now preserved when dragging and dropping content in Multi-note
• Other minor bug fixes
• Performance improvements
*** What's new in 8.0 ***
This is a major update for Notability! We've added powerful new features: handwriting recognition, handwriting to text conversion, view two notes side-by-side (Multi-Note), quickly switch notes without needing to go back to the Library, and an updated Help Center.
Handwriting Search (for iPad)
• Handwriting is now searchable from the Library and within a specific note.
• Handwriting can also be converted to text.
• The first time you launch Notability, your library will be indexed. After that, your handwriting will be searchable! If you have a lot of handwriting, creating the initial index may take a while.
Multi-Note (for iPad)
• Multi-Note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• The new Note Switcher allows you to quickly switch between notes.
• Supports audio recording and playback.
• We've added a Recent Notes subject to your Library just below All Notes.
• Recent Notes holds up to 10 of your most recently accessed notes.
Updated Help Center
• The new online Help Center can be accessed from the question mark icon in the Library.
• The Help Center contains updated articles and tutorials.