Notebooks is the one and only notebook that you'll ever need. It allows you to conveniently write, capture and organize your ideas, notes, reminders, journals, diaries or details of life that you want to keep close at hand. If you need to take an important note, or search for one, you'll always have the ultimate notebook at your fingertips!
Notebooks stores and displays almost any document you want to carry with you: text and HTML, PDF documents, MS Office or iWork documents, web pages, photos, videos, music and even your Palm memos. Everything you would usually print out and file can now go directly into Notebooks, without adding bulk.
There is one more thing: keep your task lists in Notebooks and tick off your to-dos as you complete them. Divide your projects into nested sub projects, which makes them easier to handle, and cross-reference to your reference library, which you keep in Notebooks, too. When a task reaches its due date, Notebooks' badge on the home screen reminds you of pending business, and an optional acoustic alert tries to draw your attention.
Notebooks combines the power of multiple apps:
• Note Taker
• Text Processor
• Markdown Composer
• Task Manager
• File Storage
• Clipboard Manager
• PDF Converter (including encryption)
What exactly can you do with Notebooks?
• Create beautifully formatted documents
• Type plain text notes
• Use WYSIWYG style editing
• Use Markdown to create formatted HTML
• Select your favorite fonts, colors and patterns
• Draw sketches with your finger or a dedicated stylus
• Import text, HTML, RTF, PDF, MS Office, Apple iWork documents, photos or web archives
• Import iPad or iPhone Notes and Palm Memos
• Create new documents from the contents of the Clipboard
• Open documents from other apps in Notebooks
• Import web pages from Safari
• Import documents from Mail and other iPad apps
• Import and extract ZIP archives
• Create ZIP archives in Notebooks
• Convert documents to PDF
• Record Voice Memos
• Manage your Task Lists and get things done
• Assign due dates and alarm times
• Leverage your reference library in Notebooks
• Sort your tasks and documents by context
• Create as many nested books as you need
• Move, rename and restructure your documents and books
• Sort documents by title, by modification date or by custom sort order
• Search books and documents by title
• Search full text of plain text, HTML, iWork, Office, RTF and web archives
• Protect your confidential documents with a passcode.
• Use Notebooks’ links (URLs) to cross-reference documents or books within Notebooks,
or to open them from other applications.
• Synchronize with Dropbox
• Synchronize with WebDAV servers
• Use iTunes’ File Sharing
• Use Notebooks’ WiFi Sharing
• Send notes and documents by Mail.
• … and much much more
So, whether you want to draft or outline a business presentation, type a chapter of your short-story, list your inventory, save web pages for reading later, write an entry in your diary or journal, tick off your tasks, or just capture notes and ideas on the go, you need to have Notebooks on your iPad today!
For more information and screenshots, please visit our website.
Should you experience any problems or issues, please contact us by mail. Your feedback helps us continuously improve Notebooks. Thank you!
By the way: there is a version of Notebooks for iPhone, too.
- You can now define multiple sets of extra keyboard keys.
- These sets of keys are shown in a scrollable list above the keyboard; just swipe left or right to move from one set to the next.
- There is a new setting "Require Passcode Immediately"; turn that off to avoid code entry when leaving Notebooks for less that 30 seconds.
- Various fixes and compatibility improvements.
Full details are available from our website.
Notebooks 6 introduces an optimized user interface, repeating tasks, indented lists and syntax highlighting in plain text, improved Markdown support and many more additions and enhancements. The most important changes are listed below, a more extensive list is available on our website. - If have any questions or problems you are welcome to contact us by email, but we are unable to react on comments posted here on the App Store.
* Improved support for VoiceOver
* Improved Task Management
* Repeating Tasks
* Automatically extract tasks from your documents after editing (option in settings)
* Task state icon is available from a task's navigation bar (tap to toggle task, tap and hold to set or change due date and alarm time)
* Improved workflow for setting alert time and repeat details in "Info"
* Improved Markdown Support
* .md is a new document type, saved as plain text and displayed as formatted HTML
* Option to disable “Combined Markdown”, which then produces .md documents instead of .html
* “Markdownify” action to convert HTML to Markdown
* Plain text enhancements
* Indent lists
* Highlight Markdown syntax and HTML code
* Lines starting with \> are treated as lists
* Allow “…” as extra key
* Option to disable pinch & zoom to resize text in plain text documents
* .fountain is supported as editable format (shown and edited as plain text)
* Extract contexts from document's body and abstract (option in settings)
* Tag need to start with @ or # to be detected
* Assign due date through tags like @20130704 or @2013-07-04
* Remove a context tag by deleting it from the body or abstract
* Context tags can still be assigned manually through "Info"
* Enhanced User Interface
* "Flat design" for toolbar and buttons; can be turned off in settings
* Important actions for books are now directly accessible through dedicated buttons
* Option to always edit in full screen mode
* Option to use the globally selected font for the list of books/documents, too
* iPad: Hiding the left column with a two finger tap has been much improved
* iPad: Changing from fullscreen to column view (and v.v.) in settings no longer requires a restart
* Misc Improvements
* Dropbox: pull down table of books and documents to sync the current book
* Passcode: activate keyboard by tapping any of the code fields
* Improved handling of internal links
* Voice Memos start recording immediately
* Inserting current location adds Maps preview, too
* Show BACK button immediately after opening an external link
* Send to … Organize:Pro
* Updated "Default Theme"
* Avoid “creeping slowdown” when repeatedly showing keyboard for formatted documents
* “Hide Done Tasks” could have accidentally deleted embedded images during Dropbox sync
* Many more minor improvements and fixes