The most comprehensive plant guide on iPad!
Enjoyed by thousands of gardeners and landscape professionals world-wide, Landscaper's Companion is the #1 reference guide to all plants including trees, shrubs, annuals, and perennials. Containing information on over 26,000 plants and 21,000 pictures, Landscaper's Companion makes an excellent resource for the casual gardener, professional landscaper, aspiring botanist, or anyone looking for a simple, easy to use plant guide.
Landscaper's Companion for iPhone and iPad has been highly rated:
* "Top 10 Reference App" in USA - April, March 2012
* "Top 10 Reference App" in Canada - April 2010
* "What's Hot" app in the UK Store - April 2010
* Featured on the UK app store front page - March 2010
"The search feature is nicely designed. You can enter “cucurbita pepo” or “zucchini” or “summer squash” and the software will find the same vegetable." - Bob Tedeschi, New York Times
"Landscaper's Companion comes out ahead due to it's rich search features, custom offline content and nurturing instructions." - Brodie Beta, The Globe and Mail
"Just wanted to let u know this app is great. I have been looking for something like this for a while." - Daren, Deerwood Landscapes
"Gardeners who want a content-heavy app need to look no further than the Landscaper's Companion, which houses a large collection of data that spans 17 categories of plants" - Lauren Fairbanks, SheKnows.com
"Your app is great!!! As someone who works as a landscaper and nursery retailer/buyer this is most helpful for my customers." - Jessica, NM
Reference Guide Features:
▪ Plant Database with over 26,000 plants in 17 categories covering North America, the United Kingdom, and Australia
▪ General information such as USDA zone, sun exposure, water usage, growth rate, bloom times, deer resistance, and mature height and width
▪ Over 21,000 high quality images from around the web
▪ Extensive Plant Search Capabilities: search by Common or Scientific Name, Sun Exposure, USDA Zone, Water requirements, Color, Bloom Time, Deer Resistance, Height, and Width
▪ Email Detailed Plant Information
▪ Keep a List of Your Favorite Plants and Email the List
Not only is Landscaper's Companion a great reference guide to plants, the Professional upgrade also makes a great tool for professional landscapers or serious gardeners. Professional upgrade features:
▪ Manage Multiple Plant Lists with Projects
▪ Add Your Own Plants
▪ Add Your Own Plant Pictures
▪ Keep Notes on Your Plants or Garden
Please note: the Professional upgrade is a separate purchase within the app.
Still more questions? No problem. Here's more information:
The 25,000 plants are spread throughout these 17 categories:
5) Flowering and Fruit Trees
6) Ground Covers
8) House Plants
9) Ornamental Grasses
13) Shade Trees
15) Vegetables, Fruits, Berries
16) Water Plants
Sorry - we don't have any tropicals or orchids at this time.
Browse the 26,000 different plants by their scientific name and common names. View information such as water usage, size, and sun requirements. Most have a short description of the plant along with cultivation information, common uses, and any problems they may have. Most plant entries include beautiful pictures.
Additional plants and images are added periodically for FREE!
Like us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/landscaperscompanion) and follow us on Twitter at @landscaperscomp
Please contact us if you questions about the app. Unfortunately, we're unable to respond to user reviews directly, so please email [email protected] if you have problems with the app.
Please Note: Internet access is required to download plant images. Once images are downloaded, internet access is not required to use app.
Fixes a bug that not allow you upload your own plant pictures.