Turn your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch into an air traffic radar and see planes around the world move in real-time on a detailed map. Or point your device at a plane in the sky to find out where it’s going and more. Discover today why millions are already tracking flights with Flightradar24.
Features that have helped make Flightradar24 - Flight Tracker the #1 selling app in 115 countries include:
* Watch planes move in real-time on detailed map
* Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky (requires GPS equipped device)
* Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D (requires iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPod Touch 5th gen., and above + iOS 6.0 or higher)
* Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
* Tap on an airport icon for current delay stats and weather conditions
* Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
* Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
* Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
* Get a detailed list of all flights in the air in your area on your Apple Watch
* Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights (in-app purchase)
* Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
* Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft today are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flight radar 24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders.
Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This data provides near real-time coverage of all US and Canadian airspace.
***IMPORTANT NOTICE - COVERAGE***
Flightradar24 provides unrivaled positional aircraft data coverage around the world but there are areas where we don’t have coverage. If you are only interested in tracking air traffic in a specific region, we suggest that you check our website BEFORE purchasing the app.
Overview of coverage as of April 2015:
* Europe: close to 100%
* North America: 100% of US and Canada via slightly delayed radar data. Real-time coverage for most of US, Canada and Mexico for ADS-B equipped aircraft
* South America: Substantial coverage in most countries including Brazil, Argentina and Chile
* Asia: Substantial coverage in most major Asian countries including Japan, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Thailand, UAE, Malaysia, Taiwan and many other countries. Rapidly expanding coverage in China
* Oceania: Nearly complete coverage in Australia and New Zealand
* Africa: Substantial coverage in South Africa. Limited but growing coverage in the rest of the region
Coverage is subject to change at any time.
CONNECT WITH FLIGHTRADAR24
Like us on Facebook and follow @flightradar24 on Twitter.
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of app.
In the recent 6.5.0 release we added Apple Watch support, enabling you to use your watch to get complete information about nearby flights. In this bug fix release we've ensured that your unit settings in the app are respected on the watch. Also, the list of nearby flights has been improved if your in an area with a large number of aircraft in the area.
As we cannot reply to reviews, please contact [email protected] if you have a question.
Follow us on Twitter to always get the latest on @flightradar24.