Plex organizes all of your video, music, and photo collections, and gives you instant access to them on all of your devices. With the free Plex Media Server software on your home computer and Plex for iOS, you can enjoy all of your personal media on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and easily share it with friends and family. Plex also makes your media look beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information. With an optional premium Plex Pass subscription, you can even sync videos, music, and photos to your smartphones and tablets to enjoy while offline. Parental controls, premium music features, music videos, trailers and extras, and powerful management tools are also part of our premium offering. Getting up and running is fast and simple, so get started now! Enjoy unlimited use of free features of this app, and unlock its full functionality with a Plex Pass subscription -OR- a one-time in-app purchase (see below).
Here are some ways that Plex makes your media experience awesome:
• Makes your media beautiful with artwork, descriptions, and more
• Automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device
• Makes sharing your media with friends and family simple and easy
• Lets you browse, fling, and control your media on most Plex apps
• Gives you access to a wide range of online channels such as TED Talks, Revision3, and TWiT
• Enables you to queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and then Watch Later on any device
• Unlimited casting of photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to all of your screens (such as your computer, smartphone, tablet, streaming devices, game consoles, smart TVs, and more!)
• Unlimited casting of any media on your Plex Media Server to all of your screens
• Remote control of your big screen Plex Apps
LIMITATION: Playing media from your Plex Media Server on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked.
UNLOCK FULL FUNCTIONALITY:
You can remove the playback limitations on the app in several ways:
• Use a Plex Pass enabled account to sign into the app -OR-
• Sign up for a monthly Plex Pass subscription in the iOS app -OR-
• Make a small, one-time, in-app purchase of just the iOS app itself
NOTE: If you've already purchased the app or have a Plex Pass, you do NOT need to purchase again!
Other features include*:
• Accessibility: Connect to your Plex Media Server wherever you are, whenever you want
• Plex Home: Use customized, managed accounts, and restrict content those users can access
• Camera Upload: Automatically upload your photos from your device to your Plex Media Server
• Mobile Sync: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing
• Security: Enjoy your media away from home, knowing connection is securely encrypted
• Plex Mix: Kick off a playlist of similar and related tracks from your collection at any time
• Rotten Tomatoes: See how your movie collection ranks with ratings from Rotten Tomatoes
• Related Movies and TV shows: Easily find similar movies based on selections in your library
• Top Movies: View top movies by genre, director, and actor
• Movie Extras and Music Videos: Access trailers, extras, and music videos from your libraries
*Please note, some features are only available to Plex Pass subscribers.
NOTE: PLEX FOR IOS REQUIRES IOS 8.1+; YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.12.5 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
- Context menu (shown when you long press on an item) has been redesigned.
- Added Mark as Watched / Unwatched to the context menu.
- Audio and video players have been redesigned.
- Subtitle in the Grid View now shows information relevant to the sort criteria.
- The drawer bar (the (=) button) in each of the item detail screens) has been replaced with the new context menu under the (···) button.
- Moved secondary actions (like chapter selector) to the new context menu under the (···) button in preplay screens (instead of long pressing the play button).
- Added Mark as Watched button to season preplay screen, and moved Shuffle to the new context menu under the (···) button.
- Show Shuffle and Playlist actions in the context menu for photos and photo albums.
- Background syncing wasn't working on iOS 10.
- Local playback wasn't working on iOS 10 when connected to a network with DNS rebinding protection enabled.
- Fixed some tiny memory leaks.
- Improved alert messages when trying to sync items that don't allow that feature.
- Fixed a crash when swiping between albums.
- Playing a popular track would queue that track's album instead of all the artist's popular tracks.
- Managed users should only have access to servers shared with them via Plex Home.
- Photos from Cloud Sync wouldn't load.
- Couldn't stream synced files to other players like Roku.
- Streaming synced videos to Chromecast would always start from the beginning.
- Non-US content ratings now display correctly on TV show pre-play screens.
- Friends list is no longer empty when attempting to recommend a video.
- The section index list (in the Library Browse view) is now easier to activate.
- Managed users can now use Camera Upload if allowed by the server.
- Shared users in a Plex Home are no longer presented with the option to create new photo libraries for Camera Upload.
- Chapter Selection thumbs had wrong size in iPhone 6 and 6S.
- Improved startup time.
- Do not show the Navigational remote controller right after connecting to a player that supports it (like Plex Media Player).
- Improved performance in the season screen.
- Video playback would resume when the device is locked.
- Improved application launch time.