One of the most popular audio editing apps for the Mac and used by beginners to professional sound engineers, Sound Studio is super fast and easy-to-use for recording, editing, and adding digital effects to your audio.
Digitize tapes and vinyl records, record live performances, create your own mixes with crossfades, tweak the levels and EQ, apply digital effects, and save in all major file formats.
Record professional-sounding podcasts, audiobooks, voiceovers, and more. Spoken word, speeches, presentations, music, and other audio can all be recorded and edited with the same high fidelity.
Save in the following standard file formats:
• MP3 (with ABR and VBR options)
• MPEG-4 AAC
• ADTS AAC
• Ogg Vorbis
• tab-delimited text
• Apple Lossless
Apply the following effects and filters:
• Fade In, Fade Out, and Fade Special (with an envelope)
• Dynamics Compressor
• Dynamics Expander
• Noise Gate Expander
• Add Noise (or cowbell)
• DC Offset
• Invert Signal Polarity
• Swap Left and Right Channels
• Backwards/Reverse Audio
• Delay and Echo
• Pitch and Tempo
• 3-band, 10-band, and chart-based Graphic EQ
• High Pass
• Low Pass
+ Audio recording and playback on up to 2 channels.
+ Number of tracks limited only by processor and memory constraints.
+ AudioUnit plug-in hosting.
+ Uses 32-bit floating point PCM format internally.
+ Markers: automatically generate markers in silent gaps or in a grid.
+ Split by Markers: lets you split a long file into separate tracks.
+ Has FM synthesis, sine, triangle, square wave, and noise generators.
+ Snap to Zero Crossings.
+ Preserves BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) data in .WAV files.
+ Zoom in as close as sample level.
+ AppleScript and Automator support.
+ 64-bit Intel app binary.
Made in NYC.
• Increased the minimum system requirement to OS X El Capitan (10.11).
• Fixed a bug where opening certain files would cause a crash.
• Updated the Pitch and Tempo filter to include a checkbox that enables peak-locking. This feature should improve the audio quality when adjusting pitch, particularly for speech.
• Updated the Dictionary in Script Editor (formerly Applescript) to include a list of accepted file format values.
• Updated Script Editor's Save command so that it updates the window title to the user-specified filename.