SyncSpace lets people express and explore visual ideas together, wherever you are. It is a zoomable drawing space that can be shared in real time over the net. It is a shared whiteboard plus a whole lot more.
∞ DEEP ZOOMING
Sketch out your ideas in a nearly limitless, zoomable drawing space. Never again be limited by the size of the canvas or the amount of space remaining in an existing sketch. You can always zoom in to add detail or zoom out to add context to a drawing. With SyncSpace's zooming, handwriting on a 10" screen actually becomes feasible.
∞ SKETCH TOGETHER
SyncSpace drawings can be updated by anyone who also has SyncSpace, anywhere on the Internet. You can invite others to collaborate on sketches by sending a link via iMessage or email. In meetings, conferences and schools, SyncSpace can discover and broadcast the existence of nearby shared drawings using Bonjour.
There are no limits to the number of people who can collaborate on a drawing.
∞ SHARING IS NICE
Your drawings can be shared via Facebook, Twitter, 37 Signals' Campfire, your photo library, or emailed as PDF files. You can also send SyncSpace drawings to any app that handles PDF files, including Dropbox, GoodReader, Evernote, iBooks and thousands more!
Sketches can be displayed on a nearby AppleTV or any HDMI or VGA-connected display. Any shared drawings are also advertised on the local network using Bonjour.
∞ SHARE ANYWHERE
Collaborate on drawings using SyncSpace or view them with zooming and real-time updates using a web browser on a PC, Mac or mobile device.
In addition, SyncSpace makes note taking and sketching easy with a plethora of fantastic features:
- Palm/wrist protection for writing notes
- Advanced line smoothing
- Shared drawings can be embedded on any web page, with real-time updates and zooming
- Rotate drawings however you like
- Zoom-extents button quickly takes you to the outer limits of the drawing (and back to your original position with a second tap)
- Export to email or other apps as a high resolution PDF file.
The SyncSpace Collaboration service requires a paid subscription. If you choose to subscribe, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. The current price for collaboration subscription is $2.99 USD per month or $24.99 per year, and may vary from country to country.
Version 6.0.4 includes a couple of small changes in addition to the recent large update to v6.
- fixed bug which would lose newly entered text items if the keyboard was dismissed
- use https URL for the default sync server
- added confirmation when deleting a document using a long-press on the drawing grid
- no longer cancel the capture-web-page flow if there was an error loading the web page
Welcome to SyncSpace 6 - a massive update to the world's most capable collaborative drawing app.
In addition to the major technological overhaul, SyncSpace is now free for local use and requires a small monthly or annual fee for collaboration (starting with a 14 day free trial). Don't worry - if you've previously purchased SyncSpace then you'll be grandfathered in with unlimited syncing!
There are too many improvements in this update for a a comprehensive list, but here are the main highlights:
- Split screen multitasking on iPad
- Pencil support on iPad pro; tilt the pencil for highlighter mode!
- Support for multiple bluetooth styluses - Adonit Jot, Pogo Connect, and Scriba
- The canvas can now rotate with the device, but you can also use two-fingers to rotate it any other direction, with snapping to 90 degree angles
- More aggressive matching of line widths to those of nearby lines
- Much faster drawing as well as panning and zooming
- Collaboration fixes and performance improvements
- Improved palm rest detection and ignoring of accidental (ie palm rest) touches
- External displays and Apple TVs now use the full screen and highest available resolution
If you enjoy using SyncSpace, please leave a review and let others know about it!