Kiosk Pro is a flexible solution for any project that makes an iPad available to visitors.
As a specialized web browser, Kiosk Pro Basic can display web pages, documents or audio & video files. Show content that’s hosted online or stored locally on the device.
Kiosk Pro Basic builds on the functionality included in our Lite version, adding offline access to locally-stored content, remote update of app settings, the ability to set custom links in the navigation bar, and connecting to AirPrint enabled printers.
• Define a homepage as the starting place for the presentation.
• Set an idle timer so that when a visitor walks away, the next person will have a fresh experience, starting right at the beginning.
• Increase visitor turnover at your kiosk by setting a browsing time limit.
• Clear the cache and/or cookies to secure personal information.
• Specify what’s off limits on the web by creating lists of allowed & restricted domains.
• Block access to other apps, including the native email or phone, that could otherwise be opened through links.
• Disable touch interaction when used for digital signage.
CONTROL THE DISPLAY
• Hide status, address, and/or navigation bars to make your content look like a native app.
• Customize the navigation with your own color scheme and bookmarked links.
• Works in any language - add your own translated text for on-screen alerts and navigation.
• Store content locally for offline viewing.
• Shift between online and offline content automatically if your device drops its Internet connection.
• Update your app settings by uploading a setting configuration onto your own servers.
• Set up email alerts for power loss and/or remote updates.
• Save visitor form data locally on the device.
• Access current device orientation data to optimize how your content is displayed.
Support is built right into our apps with documentation of every feature and direct access to our extensive Knowledge Base.
Kiosk Pro Basic is compatible with most web content, including HTML web pages, PDFs, and multimedia (including .mp4 video). While certain Powerpoint, Keynote, and Word files are also supported, they are displayed as static documents. Kiosk Pro Basic cannot display multiple tabs or pop-ups, other apps, or Flash-based content.
To prevent visitors from exiting Kiosk Pro Basic, you must enable Guided Access in the iPad settings or use Apple’s Configurator app to supervise the iPad into Single App Mode.
Our professional kiosk enclosures secure your iPad from theft or damage. See iPadKiosks.com for more details!
CHANGES & ENHANCEMENTS
• iOS 11 introduced a drag and drop feature to allow moving data between apps. Since most use cases require the iPad to be locked down to Kiosk Pro, we’ve disabled this functionality as it could be confusing for users. We’ve provided the option to re-enable it if needed under Advanced Settings.
• After navigating back in the navigation history after viewing a locally-stored PDF in WKWebView, any further navigation to local files was blocked until the app idle timed out.
• The app was ignoring the HTML viewport property “user-scalable”.
• The value of the screen.width property was returning incorrect dimensions on the iPad Pro 10.5-inch.
We love hearing your feedback so if you have something to share, get in touch with us at [email protected] If you like the app, please consider leaving us a rating and review.