Collect notes, e-mails, and Web pages on your Mac, and search them instantly. EagleFiler makes organizing and managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a familiar three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
* With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
* EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
* Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
* Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search or smart folders to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
* View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, snippet collector, and document organizer. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, manage your bookmarks, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements and receipts, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, sort photos, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It’s the most flexible tool on your Mac.
“It’s a vital tool for the digital pack rat.…The application’s tagging, note-taking, and searching capabilities make finding that one file you stored in EagleFiler a year ago and want to retrieve today a cinch.” —Macworld
“EagleFiler combines ease of use with an underlying ingenuity that makes it feel simple, fast, and lightweight. It’s packed with too many clever touches for me to list.” —TidBITS
“Using EagleFiler, I can now stop fussing with organization tools and just get myself organized.” —InformationWeek
- Scripts of the form "get first library record where its file is _file" are now optimized to quickly look up the record without having to check every record in the library. This can be useful if you have a Hazel script that receives a file and you want to do something with the corresponding record in EagleFiler.
- Improved the AppleScript dictionary.
- Improved importing from Evernote on macOS 10.15.
- Worked around a change in macOS 10.15 that prevented certain OmniGraffle files from being displayed in the viewer.
- Improve importing of AudioNote files when AudioNote is not installed.
- Fixed a bug importing an Apple Mail mailbox that contained another mailbox with the same name.
- Worked around an issue that could prevent launching EagleFiler after using AirPlay.
- Fixed a bug where e-mails containing HTML tags that were encoded with UTF-7 would not display properly.
- Fixed bug the viewer's auto-save could cause pending tag changes to be saved prematurely, while the field was still in edit mode.
- Improved the following sections of the manual:
- Capture key
- How can I put my library on my iPhone?
- How can I run optical character recognition (OCR) on my PDFs?
- The Activity window now uses the monospaced digits font to avoid jitter when indexing.
- The Slideshow button no longer causes an error to be logged.
- Modernized the localizations.
If you enjoy using EagleFiler, please take a moment to rate it or leave a review. We’d really appreciate it.