Collect notes, e-mails, and Web pages on your Mac, and search them instantly. EagleFiler makes organizing and managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a familiar three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
* With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
* EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
* Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
* Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search or smart folders to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
* View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, snippet collector, and document organizer. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, manage your bookmarks, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements and receipts, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, sort photos, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It’s the most flexible tool on your Mac.
“It’s a vital tool for the digital pack rat.…The application’s tagging, note-taking, and searching capabilities make finding that one file you stored in EagleFiler a year ago and want to retrieve today a cinch.” —Macworld
“EagleFiler combines ease of use with an underlying ingenuity that makes it feel simple, fast, and lightweight. It’s packed with too many clever touches for me to list.” —TidBITS
“Using EagleFiler, I can now stop fussing with organization tools and just get myself organized.” —InformationWeek
- When converting from Evernote to rich text (RTFD), EagleFiler makes images display at their intended sizes. (Previously, EagleFiler used the actual sizes of the image files it was given.) Very large images are scaled down to fit a reasonable page width. No image data is lost, as EagleFiler changes the logical image resolution rather than resampling the image.
- Searching using "Match Partial Words" now works better with queries containing the "/" character.
- When multiple records are selected in the viewer, EagleFiler now shows the overall count in addition to the breakdown by file type.
- Temporary files are now excluded from iCloud Drive syncing.
- Worked around a Spotlight issue in macOS 10.14 that could prevent indexing from making progress.
- Fixed various bugs in the Evernote-to-RTF converter: lines that would run together into one, extra line breaks and spaces, and text content that was missing or incorrectly formatted.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler would let you import a new file using the same name as an existing record whose file was missing. This could lead to the old record becoming linked to the new file.
- Fixed a bug with the crash reporter window and Dark Mode.
- Fixed a bug where importing a Web page whose title was "." could cause an error.
- Updated to Xcode 11.
If you enjoy using EagleFiler, please take a moment to rate it or leave a review. We’d really appreciate it.