Collect notes, e-mails, and Web pages on your Mac, and search them instantly. EagleFiler makes organizing and managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a familiar three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
* With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
* EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
* Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
* Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search or smart folders to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
* View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, snippet collector, and document organizer. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, manage your bookmarks, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements and receipts, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, sort photos, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It’s the most flexible tool on your Mac.
“It’s a vital tool for the digital pack rat.…The application’s tagging, note-taking, and searching capabilities make finding that one file you stored in EagleFiler a year ago and want to retrieve today a cinch.” —Macworld
“EagleFiler combines ease of use with an underlying ingenuity that makes it feel simple, fast, and lightweight. It’s packed with too many clever touches for me to list.” —TidBITS
“Using EagleFiler, I can now stop fussing with organization tools and just get myself organized.” —InformationWeek
- Searches of RTFD files can now find links, embedded filenames, and the contents of embedded PDF files. This takes effect for newly imported files or if you rebuild your library's index.
- The built-in tags now use standard system colors, which update based on whether your Mac is in Dark Mode or Light Mode or has increased contrast enabled.
- On macOS 11, tag names and abbreviation symbols in the source list now "fade out" in background windows to match the rest of the icons and text.
- On macOS 10.12 and later, EagleFiler will automatically update the unread, flagged, and note tags to use the latest abbreviation symbols so that your old libraries are consistent with new ones.
- Various additional Unicode symbols can now be used in tag names.
- EagleFiler now uses Nitter to import tweets due to Twitter shutting down an endpoint.
- Updated the toolbar icons for increasing and decreasing the font size.
- Improved indexing when EagleFiler can't find or load the relevant Spotlight plug-in.
- It is now possible to exclude certain images from processing when importing from Evernote in order to work around a crashing bug.
- Added "RecordsListLabelPreferTitle" to the esoteric preferences, which lets you show the colored label indicator in the Title column instead of in the File column.
- The indexer now runs natively on Apple Silicon Macs.
- Increased the maximum width of the source list.
- Worked around a bug that could cause slowness or a crash when drawing the source list.
- Worked around a bug that prevented the diagnostic report from working properly on Apple Silicon Macs.
- Fixed a bug where the source list didn't update after renaming a tag to an invalid name.
- Fixed a regression with the window title when nothing was selected.
- Updated the Korean localization.
If you enjoy using EagleFiler, please take a moment to rate it or leave a review. We’d really appreciate it.