Collect notes, e-mails, and Web pages on your Mac, and search them instantly. EagleFiler makes organizing and managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a familiar three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
* With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
* EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
* Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
* Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search or smart folders to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
* View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, snippet collector, and document organizer. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, manage your bookmarks, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements and receipts, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, sort photos, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It’s the most flexible tool on your Mac.
“It’s a vital tool for the digital pack rat.…The application’s tagging, note-taking, and searching capabilities make finding that one file you stored in EagleFiler a year ago and want to retrieve today a cinch.” —Macworld
“EagleFiler combines ease of use with an underlying ingenuity that makes it feel simple, fast, and lightweight. It’s packed with too many clever touches for me to list.” —TidBITS
“Using EagleFiler, I can now stop fussing with organization tools and just get myself organized.” —InformationWeek
- EagleFiler can now display multi-page Adobe Illustrator documents, and the text is selectable and searchable.
- Updated the "Importing From a Scanner" section of the manual.
- You can now rename a record and change its extension if the new extension is equivalent. For example, if you import a file as ".jpeg" you can now rename it to ".jpg", but EagleFiler will still protect you from renaming it to something completely different that would prevent the file from opening.
- Optimized the toolbar to improve responsiveness.
- Fixed a bug where accented characters an an ENEX file could be lost during import.
- Fixed a bug where importing an ENEX file could add an extra character after a link.
- Fixed a bug where a ".eml" file might not display properly after renaming it.
- Fixed a regression where some ".eml" files did not display the sender.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes EagleFiler would neither quit nor report an error if you tried to quit while an operation was in progress.
- Fixed a regression (due to no longer using QuickTime) where animated GIFs were not playable.
- Fixed a bug with the "Replace in Filenames (Regex)" script and some special characters.
- Fixed a regression where the "Tag Cloud" toolbar button was disabled when it shouldn't have been.
If you enjoy using EagleFiler, please take a moment to rate it or leave a review. We’d really appreciate it.