Collect notes, e-mails, and Web pages on your Mac, and search them instantly. EagleFiler makes managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a standard three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, it works smoothly with your other favorite Mac applications.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
* With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
* EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
* Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
* Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search or smart folders to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
* View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, and a snippet collector. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements and receipts, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It's the most flexible tool on your Mac.
“It’s a vital tool for the digital pack rat.…The application’s tagging, note-taking, and searching capabilities make finding that one file you stored in EagleFiler a year ago and want to retrieve today a cinch.” —Macworld
“EagleFiler combines ease of use with an underlying ingenuity that makes it feel simple, fast, and lightweight. It’s packed with too many clever touches for me to list.” —TidBITS
“Using EagleFiler, I can now stop fussing with organization tools and just get myself organized.” —InformationWeek
- EagleFiler is now 64-bit only and requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Improved compatibility with macOS 10.13.
- Sketch files are now displayed using Sketch's Quick Look plug-in instead of just showing the file icon.
- You can now paste Return-delimited tag names into the **Tags** fields. This can be helpful in concert with selecting a range of tags and using the **Copy** command, as that generates Return-delimited text.
- Increased the maximum width of the **Title** column.
- The "How can I put my library on my iPhone?" section of the manual now recommends the new Files app in iOS 11, which can view and sync the tags on your EagleFiler files.
- Updated the "Edit Smart Folder..." and "Export..." sections of the manual.
- You can now assign the "ef_nometa" tag to a folder to exclude it (and its subfolders) from metadata backups.
- EagleFiler no longer considers ".7z" message attachments to have unknown type.
- Improved the error reporting when importing a Web page.
- Worked around an internal error when opening a library window.
- When importing an Apple Mail message, EagleFiler no longer warns about missing message parts that are actually present but empty.
- Fixed a bug where the **Drop Pad** could show no current library if you closed a library window while EagleFiler was in the background.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler could report an internal error when Control-clicking on a row that now longer exists.
- Fixed a regression where there was too much debug logging when importing a Web page.
- Updated the German localization.
- Updated the documentation.
If you enjoy using EagleFiler, please take a minute to rate it or leave a review. We'd really appreciate it.