Collect notes, e-mails, and Web pages on your Mac, and search them instantly. EagleFiler makes managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a standard three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, it works smoothly with your other favorite Mac applications.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
* With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
* EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
* Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
* Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search or smart folders to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
* View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, and a snippet collector. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements and receipts, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It's the most flexible tool on your Mac.
“It’s a vital tool for the digital pack rat.…The application’s tagging, note-taking, and searching capabilities make finding that one file you stored in EagleFiler a year ago and want to retrieve today a cinch.” —Macworld
“EagleFiler combines ease of use with an underlying ingenuity that makes it feel simple, fast, and lightweight. It’s packed with too many clever touches for me to list.” —TidBITS
“Using EagleFiler, I can now stop fussing with organization tools and just get myself organized.” —InformationWeek
- Improved compatibility with the Evergreen feed reader and the Opera Web browser.
- Improved the responsiveness when displaying HTML e-mail messages with remote images.
- EagleFiler can now import Apple Mail messages with attachments that are stored as pre-expanded ZIP files.
- EagleFiler can now import malformed mbox files generated by Mail Archiver X.
- Changing the filename or other metadata via the contextual menu in the viewer is now more easily undone.
- The system Quick Look previewer no longer supports chat archives from Messages and iChat, so EagleFiler once again displays these using its own code.
- Improved the documentation.
- Fixed a bug where **View > Message > Rich Text** was not shown as checked when it was in effect.
- Fixed a bug where a timeout loading a remote image could make the e-mail display without formatting.
- Fixed a bug that could cause EagleFiler's Spotlight importer to leave temporary files around when it was invoked by FoxTrot.
- Fixed a bug where the collapsed state of the **Tags** source group was not restored.
- Fixed a bug where the accessory view when creating an encrypted library wasn't centered.
- Fixed a crash reporter bug that could prevent some information from being logged.
- Improved the diagnostic report.
If you enjoy using EagleFiler, please take a minute to rate it or leave a review. We'd really appreciate it.