Download, listen, watch and enjoy your favorite podcasts all from your device.
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the app and manage them in the app
• Download episodes over WiFi or Cellular (on devices that have cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Background Refresh
• Download in the background
• Download multiple episodes at once (up to 3 on WiFi and 2 on cellular).
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App (iPhone/iPad)
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback (toggle it on now playing screen just below time elapsed).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Full VoiceOver support
• Variable playback speed
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters and chapter images (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for jumping ahead 30 seconds, or jump back 30.
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
• Customizable options like Auto-Play on connect to start playing the last playing podcast when you plug your headphones in (some restrictions, settings, playback, general).
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones) using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add previously downloaded podcasts from your computer using iTunes file sharing feature (see settings and import media for details).
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
• Post to Twitter or Facebook from the now playing screen
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
PLEASE NOTE: The app does NOT sync with iTunes. Like other podcast apps it is standalone app meant to subscribe and download on the device.
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 9.3 or higher.
▷Local playback on Apple Watch.
+When selecting to share an episode you now have the option to transfer to the watch
+Within a playlist you select multiple episodes, tap the watch icon and send to watch
+New watch complication (smaller complication) to jump to the app.
+Within a podcast's settings under New Episodes there are two additional options. Download & Send to Watch, Stream + Download + Send to Watch. Both options will queue the downloaded episode to the watch.
+See Apple Watch for details
▷Tip Jar added for those that wish to give a little extra to help fund the continued development
▷Higher playback speeds. See settings, playback, playback speeds.
▷Sleep Timer: when the volume starts to fade (last 30 seconds) if you turn the volume up or down any amount it will restart the sleep timer.
▷Emailing show notes often? New setting under settings tab and podcast defaults. Email To default. This is where you can set a default email address
▷New accidental play protection. iCatcher! will not start playing if the app is in the background and the volume for the output is all the way down. You will get a notification popup indicating that there was a play request, but that the volume is all the way down.
▷Added new playlist sort. Played/Changed Most Recent and Least Recent. If your playlist has all played episodes, then this sort should show you most recent played to least recent played.
▷Updated bookmark interface within the app. You can now adjust the playback position for the bookmark
▷Updated notifications for iOS 10+ devices.
▷Settings tab, Podcast Defaults, Keywords to Ignore/Include now has the option to select if you want those filters to apply to episode title or show notes or both.
See whats new under help to see other recent updates
**If you like iCatcher! and use it everyday, then please take a moment and share on the app store reviews.
Your reviews help others to know about iCatcher!**
Follow me on twitter @joeisanerd