Download, listen, watch and enjoy your favorite podcasts all from your device.
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the app and manage them in the app
• Download episodes over WiFi or Cellular (on devices that have cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Background Refresh
• Download in the background
• Download multiple episodes at once (up to 3 on WiFi and 2 on cellular).
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App (iPhone/iPad)
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback (toggle it on now playing screen just below time elapsed).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Full VoiceOver support
• Variable playback speed
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters and chapter images (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for jumping ahead 30 seconds, or jump back 30.
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
• Customizable options like Auto-Play on connect to start playing the last playing podcast when you plug your headphones in (some restrictions, settings, playback, general).
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones) using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add previously downloaded podcasts from your computer using iTunes file sharing feature (see settings and import media for details).
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
• Post to Twitter or Facebook from the now playing screen
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
PLEASE NOTE: The app does NOT sync with iTunes. Like other podcast apps it is standalone app meant to subscribe and download on the device.
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 10 or higher.
+New nightmode option based on screen brightness
+Support for Paged Feeds when initially subscribing or viewing the feed
+Drag and Drop support added for the Podcasts tab. You can now grab 1 or more podcasts and drag to the Playlists tab (hold for a second to select) and drop into a custom playlist or create a new playlist based on those podcasts.
+Warning removed when searching for new podcasts if you tapped one that hadn't released an episode in a few months.
+Select All option added within a playlist when you tap edit and then tap the checkmark action (actions for selected episodes). Added for those that want to select all and then deselect episodes
+Changed the icon in the downloads tab that removes items from the download queue. It is now a trash can icon.
+Bug fixes for local watch playback
+Bug fix for the episodes to keep setting not allowing for anything higher than 50.
+Tapping the + icon on the podcasts tab will now take you directly the podcast search instead of presenting multiple choices. You can add a podcast manually from that podcast search. The other options (Podcasts on Device and Browse the Web) have been moved to the settings tab and Tools
See whats new under help tab. Feeling generous? Tip Jar in settings tab.
**If you like iCatcher! and use it everyday, then please take a moment and share on the app store reviews.
Your reviews help others to know about iCatcher!**
Follow me on twitter @joeisanerd