Your thoughts are important! Treat them like gold with DEVONnote. It keeps all of your notes safe in one place and helps you organize them in a way that’s meaningful to you, using its unique built-in artificial intelligence (AI).
In addition, DEVONnote treats websites like 'living' notes. View your favorite sites from within DEVONnote and manage your bookmarks like simple documents. Keep notes and related bookmarks together in one single place!
What you can do with DEVONnote:
- Jot your thoughts down as plain or rich text, and highlight important passages
- Clip data from documents or webpages using the Services or Dock menu
- Make structure out of creative chaos and connect your notes with automatic Wiki links
- Search all your notes and the rest of your Mac ecosystem from Spotlight
- Import new items or find similar documents, with a single click
- Use the integrated browser to surf the web directly from within your database
Some unique features:
- Use the improved search with advanced Boolean search operators and an unlimited complexity of search terms. Save even the most complex searches as seamlessly integrated smart groups.
- Save new notes to the inbox and file them properly later. The new trash can keeps documents up until you empty it. Unlimited undo and redo as well as immediate updating of the database files make using DEVONnote more comfortable and safe.
- Smart tags combine groups with tags in an innovative way. The three panes view inherited from DEVONthink simplifies working with your notes. Edit your files in separate tabs, document windows or in full screen mode.
- Contextual menu added for creating or closing tabs.
- %author% placeholder added to templates (see "Preferences > Editing > Author").
- Recent destinations in menus and panels are now expandable.
- Shift-clicking on a link in a web view captures it.
- Improved and more consistent naming of captured links.
- Improved import of Google Chrome bookmarks.
- Improved repairing of databases with both orphaned and missing files.
- Revised display of preview pane in case of missing files.
- Tabs bar uses standard icons for "Add" and "Close" buttons.
- It's no longer necessary to relaunch the app after exporting templates to the toolbar folder.
- More reliable moving of DEVONnote to the Applications folder if necessary.
- Updated German localization.
- Improved Memory management, overall reliability and performance.
- Issue where adding links to the selection in text or web views didn't accept URLs containing non-ASCII characters.
- Issue where automatically generated filenames used characters that aren't supported on Windows.
- Issue where item links with a trailing slash, e.g., created by Microsoft Word, didn't work.
- Issue where Shift-Tab didn't work in date field of the "Info" panel.
- Issue where tabs used a wrong frame size in some cases after disabling the widescreen option of split views.
- Issue where the contents of a group couldn't be opened after navigating to the group from a cross-link.
- Issue where trying to drag tabs could close them or create new tabs.
- Crash related to progress handling.