WORKS OFFLINE. By far, the largest Spanish to English and English to Spanish Dictionary App at any price! It includes all our specialized terminology (Legal, Medical, etc.) and natural-sounding voices in a variety of bilingual accents. Featuring a detailed Verb Conjugator, translations with definitions, examples, and quotes; results are easy to review while you navigate in-depth information for each entry.
So easy to use it detects misspelled words regardless of the input language, it is ideal for students but perfect for professionals who can create a truly personalized dictionary by customizing displayed results. Internet connection needed only for voices, images and spell-check.
• Conjugation of Spanish and English verbs, all persons & tenses. Even the Spanish VOS conjugation is included.
• Over 1,299,000 entries, 2,284,000 translations, 3,221,000 synonyms, 814,000 antonyms, 196,000 definitions, 96,000 examples, 146,000 quotes, 66,000 images.
• Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish. Covers American and British English.
• Phonetic transcription following IPA standards in American and British English.
• Phonetic transcription following IPA standards for American Spanish, Caribbean Spanish, River Plate Spanish and Spanish from Spain.
• Intelligent Word List Display: identifies multiple forms of plural and feminine as well as Spanish verb conjugations, with, without or even with misplaced accent.
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Innovative “Scan Function” for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
• 40,000+ Phrasal Examples cross-linked to 200,000+ phrases & their translations
• Shake for random word display.
• Share via Facebook and Twitter.
• Search History.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Sync your favorites among your devices with Dropbox.
• Customize using available themes, background color, and font.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
- More than 66,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
Some Dictionary Curiosities:
- 1,332 fish names & their translations
- 1,917 foods and dishes around the world & translations
- 8,248 famous historic characters
- 13,100 famous people of today in arts, movies, sports, politics, etc
- 10,672 geographical names, cites, countries, nationalities, etc.
- 4,255 names of largest corporations in the US and Europe
- 3,322 names of largest universities in the US and Europe
- 20,189 names of illnesses, with corresponding translations
- 2,128 different types of viruses & translations
- 7,180 names of human body parts, & translations
- 550,000 classified entries in total.
- 24,000 + bird names in English, Spanish and Latin.
- 4,500 + new difficult words
• Note: A translation dictionary typically includes translations only. However, ours include many definitions.
Voices powered by iSpeech.
New and improved in version 7.9.3:
* NEW! Now you can see favorite word category from the dictionary results window
* NEW! Now you can specify the order of the favorite words
* NEW! Now you can set the upper part of the dictionary results to stay fixed and not move with the scroll
* NEW! Option to pronounce searched word automatically
* IMPROVED! Clipboard search now removes extra characters to improve search
* IMPROVED! Now you will ask to review the app much less than before
Thanks for all your feedback! We try to implement all suggested features and improvements and fix all bugs reported.
COMING SOON! Word of the day feature: you will be able to select if you want verbs, nouns or adjectives in English or Spanish