***** CNET "Editor's Pick" for Reference Software and rated "Outstanding" by CNET editors.
Reference management entails the collection, annotation, and citation of published information. Bookends greatly simplifies these tasks.
Bookends performs Internet searches to retrieve references and associated pdfs from PubMed, Amazon, Google Scholar, JSTOR, Web of Science, and hundreds of university libraries (some sites may require access privileges and ip authentication). Immediately find and import references for which you already have the pdf.
Versatile groups (static, smart, and virtual), Term Lists (keywords, authors, etc.), reference cross-linking (links), multiple notecards per reference, tag clouds, and near-instantaneous live searches help organize and find information in your personal collection. Highly configurable displays let you view the reference information and attachments the way you want.
Scan your word processor documents to create publication-ready manuscripts complete with bibliographies and footnotes. Bookends is compatible with Word (2011 and 2016), Mellel, Apple Pages '08, ‘09, and 5, Nisus Writer Pro, OpenOffice 3, and any application that can save RTF files.
Sync your library, including pdfs, with Bookends On Tap (available separately for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on the App Store).
Whether you are a student or professional, in the sciences or humanities, Bookends will help you every step of the way as you search for information, collect and analyze results, and put together your own work for submission or publication.
Click on the link below to visit Sonny Software, read about Bookends in more detail, see it in action in video tutorials.
• Fixed a bug that prevented the watch folder from working.
• Fixed several problems with groups that could cause some groups to be hidden.
• Fixed a problem where a reference added to a group in Bookends On Tap was not added to the group in Bookends after syncing.
• Fixed a bug where the tag "[doi]" was imported from PubMed into the DOI field.
• Fixed a bug in "Flatten Group Hierarchy" when dealing with smart folders.
• Fixed a problem that could cause reference imports into DEVONthink Pro to time out.
• Fixed a bug in that could cause the wrong import text encoding to be used when importing a reference.
• Fixed several bugs that could cause window exception errors to be thrown.
• Fixed a bug in author-date citations with condensed years where a differentiating lowercase letter after the year was omitted.
• Fixed a bug in Term Lists that could prevent filtering from working properly in the library window and the standalone Term List window.