USERS LOVE IT! 5 STARS “The synonyms allow me to quickly suggest more appropriate words to my students and I shall definitely be using the app in class to support my students at all levels. The app works quickly and smoothly...”
WORKS OFFLINE – Learning Spanish or English? We have the most affordable English to Spanish and Spanish to English dictionary you will find featuring pronunciation in multiple regional voices. Translate between both languages and take advantage of definitions and synonyms for better understanding. Especially useful when dealing with idioms, phrases and conjugations, we made different usages clear so you will always find the term you need.
Simple and user-friendly options enhance your experience: no need to change settings since app automatically detects input language; quickly mark Favorite words, and access your history whenever you review material. You won´t find a better option, paper or electronic. Internet connection needed only for voices, images and spell-check.
• Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
• Conjugation of Spanish verbs, all persons & tenses. (available through separate In-App purchase)
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish) (premium voices available through separate In-App purchase)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish. Covers American and British English.
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag at the side.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Innovative “Scan Function” for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
• Over 396,000 entries, 579,000 translations, 505,000 synonyms, 98,000 definitions and 40,000 examples.
• Shake for random word display.
• Search History.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Sync your favorites among your devices with Dropbox
• Choose from 3 different themes for Background color and font.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
- More than 44,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
In-Apps available through purchase:
• In-App: Conjugation of Spanish and English verbs, all persons & tenses.
• In-App: Usage Examples
• In-App: English Definitions
• In-App: Spanish Definitions
• In-App: Four new premium Spanish voices
• In-App: Phonetic transcription for American and British English. (IPA standards)
• In-App: Phonetic transcription for American Spanish, Caribbean Spanish, River Plate Spanish and Spanish from Spain. (IPA standards)
• Important Note: A translation dictionary typically includes translations only. However, ours include many definitions.
Voices powered by iSpeech.
What's new in version 7.8.2:
* Fixed problem with empty conjugations
* Fixed crash with notes
* Fixed minor label problem in conjugations
What's new in version 7.8.1:
* Fixed problem with pronunciation of conjugations
What's new in version 7.8.0:
* NEW! Negative imperative tense for Spanish verbs
* NEW! Spanish conjugation for informal "vos"
* NEW! Added article to nouns in flashcards for easy gender identification
* NEW! Added hundreds of new English and Spanish words
* Fixed error of repeated words in the search catalog
* Fixed several problems with verb conjugations, including conjugation of Spanish reflexive verbs
* Fixed problem with empty flashcards