My IP is a utility app to see with which public IP address you are connected to the net (different from your IP address inside your LAN).
( SEE ALL OUR APPS. WE HAVE 30 APPS HERE ON THE APP STORE! )
Public IP is the IP address you use to connect to the global net, the address the rest of the world see you at.
The public IP address sometime can be static (always the same), sometime dynamic (changed by the internet provider over time at any connection).
Obtaining the IP value of your connection could be not easy, particularly if you are behind a modem router.
In the case you are using a modem router, using normal system utilities, your IP address will be indicated as equal to your LAN (Local Area Network) IP address, with is really just your address inside your local network, totally different form your true external public IP address on internet.
Your LAN IP address has no value outside your local area network!
My IP works instead indicating always your true internet IP address, the one the world can see you at, detecting the IP address your modem router uses to connect with the rest of the world, with is the address the rest of the world identify you and can use to connect to you.
Know your true public IP address is mandatory in many situation where you have to specify, specially for external use, at which address you are and can be reached by servers or desktops outside of your LAN.
My IP offers a simple and intuitive interface, a fast use and the option to work with 4 different servers to show your public IP address.
It's enough to run my IP to have your public IP address displayed.
- Fast and easy to use
- Useful to know your public IP address behind a modem router with a shared IP
- Able to show your public IP where usually system utility fails showing just your LAN IP
- Instant result available at launch
- Can use 4 different servers to calculate your public IP
- Includes embedded PDF User Guide
- Has a similar native version for the iPhone , 'My Public IP' available on iTunes
- OS X 10.7 Lion fully compatible and optimized with Sandbox compatibility.
- Optimized for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
Fix of a bug causing crash under OS X 10.7