Typography Insight is for those who love typography. It is a toolkit for learning & teaching typography. You can learn about historically important typefaces, observe and compare them. Now you can access thousands of fonts from Adobe Typekit with Adobe ID.
● Fast Company - "It's more like an exquisite museum exhibit than a musty textbook." “Anyone who loves books, words, history, or fine art — even in the slightest bit — will find Typography Insight as intoxicating as Wikipedia and as fun as a video game.”
● The Atlantic - "Learning the subtleties of Helvetica and Garamond used to be a pain—but a sleek new app has made the process easier" "Typography Insight: iPad App Teaches Fonts Like Never Before"
● Gizmodo - "Typography Insight is sort of like an iPad typeface encyclopedia. Only encyclopedias are boring, and Typography Insight is beautiful and fun." "Typography Insight Makes Learning Fonts Gorgeous and Easy"
“Turned on by serifs and stems? Then you’ll love Typography Insight. Very slick, very informative.”
“This is like taking a beautiful coffee-table book and making it interactive.”
“First reason I've wanted iPad. If you are a type nerd, this is yours”
● Juxtaposing Comparison: Understand the detail differences between the typefaces with side by side comparison
● Overlaying Comparison: Compare two typefaces by overlaying on top of each other
● Type inspector: Observe the detail shapes of typefaces such as serif, counter, and ear in very large scale, with pinch and pan gesture
● Basics: Learn about the basics of typography and simple tips for making a readable page
● Typeface Anatomy: Learn about the elements and terminologies of typefaces
● Historical typefaces: Understand different characteristics of historically important typefaces
● Adobe Typekit font library support: Access thousands of fonts from Adobe Typekit by signing-in with Adobe ID
● System font library support: Observe and compare all iOS system fonts
● Kerning: Train your eyes for balanced letter space
● Measurement: Learn about type size measurement
● Type Setting: Learn about basic elements of typesetting
● Ascender/Descender Comparison: Compare ascender of descender area of typefaces
- Completely updated and optimized for iPad Pro series!
- Interact with beautiful typefaces on iPad Pro's large screen.
- Now you can observe and compare all system fonts.
- Redesigned Type Anatomy section.
- Added support for color options in Type Inspector.