FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced cinema video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro features cutting-edge capabilities and is the most responsive manual filming app available on mobile.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning directors than any other app:
Unsane & High Flying Bird - Steven Soderbergh
Tangerine - Sean Baker
Lose You to Love Me - Selena Gomez music video
Supid Love - Lady Gaga music video
Detour - Michel Gondry
Snow Steam Iron - Zack Snyder
No Love Like Yours - Olivia Wilde
The Best Years of a Life (Cannes 2019) - Claude Lelouch
FiLMiC Pro provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, and artists with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve (included in the CineKit optional in-app purchase). LOG V2/V3 allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production by expanding dynamic range by up to 2.5 extra stops and setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with traditional camera systems costing thousands more. †
Note: Multicam support is not included in FiLMiC Pro but is available in our companion app: DoubleTake.
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for manual focus and exposure.
•Live analytics suite including Zebras, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking (limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p).
•Dolby Vision HDR support on 12 series iPhones (limited to 4K 30fps and not compatible with the CineKit IAP).
• 10-bit SDR support for 12 series devices.
• Clean HDMI Out for monitoring and webcam use (adapters required).
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with custom presets.
• Content Management System for file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync account to store presets in the cloud and share between devices.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOGv2/V3. †
• Live shadow and highlight controls. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance controls. †
(† Available as an optional in-app purchase and limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p. Log V3 available on 12 series in 10-bit only).
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Vertical and landscape orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48, 50 and 60 fps.
• High speed frame rates of 60,120, 240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX.
• Time lapse recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform.
• Downsampling to multiple sizes/resolutions.
• Saved shooting presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
• Exposure: ISO and shutter speed
• Manual focus
8 aspect ratios including:
• Widescreen (16:9)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, FTP.
4 encoding options to balance quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers up to 150Mbps encoding at 4K on latest gen devices)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• 1.33x and 1.55x anamorphic lens desqueeze
• 35mm lens adapters
• Horizontal flip
• Zhiyun Smooth 4
• Movi Cinema Robot
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1/2/3/4
Advanced Audio Features:
• Pro audio formats: PCM, AIFF, AAC
• 44.1 & 48kHz sample rates
• Headphone monitoring
• Pro audio meter
• Manual input gain
• External microphone level control
Note: Not all features available on older devices.
v.6.15.1 of FiLMiC Pro includes performance enhancements and bug fixes for an even better shooting experience:
— Under the hood improvements to CMS file naming and thumbnail caching.
— Better HUD messaging around DolbyVision disabling Cinematographer Kit curves when enabled.
— White balance mode now presented in the HUD when loading presets.
— Better handling of low storage events.
— Plenty of other minor bug fixes for a smoother shooting experience.
If you have any questions, suggestions or findings please contact us at [email protected] and if you enjoy shooting with FiLMiC Pro, please consider leaving us a review.