PuppetMaster: Animate. Literally. Anything.
PuppetMaster is an animation app for kids, where you can bring to life any image, just by acting things out in front of the camera or touching the screen. Your voice is recorded as well. The result is your own animated video you can save and share!
Take a drawing you made, a photo of one of your toys, even a person or animal - and use it as a puppet in PuppetMaster. Move and talk and the puppet will come to life and do what you do. Or drag with your fingers on the screen to move the puppet that way.
Try animating something unexpected, like your favorite snack arranged in your plate like a character!
Mix and match with existing puppets and backgrounds that come with the app, in a fun hand drawn style to go with your own artwork.
You can even animate two puppets together, so they can have a conversation!
PuppetMaster was named a best app of 2018 for Teaching and Learning by the American Association of School Librarians. Project ideas and lesson plans are available on the website.
* Motion capture - intuitively animate characters just by moving your body in front of the device camera.
* Multi-touch - animate by touching and dragging the puppet and its body parts on the screen. You can use both hands, all your fingers, or animate together with a friend.
* Create your own puppets and backgrounds - Bring to life your artwork, your toys, or anything you like! Use a painting you made, a diorama, or any interesting place as your background.
* Choose from our designs if you'd like - We have lots of designs for you to choose from, for puppets and backgrounds.
* Export videos with audio - Save a video of your puppet show, complete with the audio of your performance. It will show up in your Photos, and from there you can share it however you like.
Improvements to email sign up - use it to get project ideas and support