ibisPaint is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 20 million times in total as a series, which provides 142 brushes, over 1600 materials, over 700 fonts, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibisPaint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibisPaint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 142 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- A screen tone feature with 46 tones including Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, and Square.
[Selection Area Features]
- 256 grades of selection for each pixel.
- Selection area inversion, moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Brushes strokes that respect selection area, Flood Fill function, layer duplication, layer catenation, layer moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Unlimited colors saved on the palette, or select any colors you want from the color wheel using HSB or RGB.
- Drag and drop to the color palette to save.
ibisPaint provides you with the “Prime Membership” (monthly payment) , which enables you to use fully fledged functions. The more people become a prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
Thank you for using ibis Paint!
The summary of this update is below.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a bug where Opacity slider in various filters does not work.
- Fixed a bug where Clipping does not work with an artwork created with ibis Paint before ver.4.2.0.
- The number of Resize of Canvas tool now becomes a red when inputting values outside the range from the minimum value to the maximum value for Width, Height and dpi.
- Fixed a bug where the right font is not applied to Text with Download Font in Shape Layer in the automatic restoration.
- Fixed a bug where the filter might not be undo if filter was executed after selecting Smudge tool or Blur tool and performing stroke outside of the canvas.
- Fixed a bug where the result of Blur tool is wrong immediately after using Transform tool under circumstances where the motion of the app is slow while editing an artwork of a specific canvas size.
- Fixed a bug where the app crashes when the app is suspended at a certain timing in the process of returning to My Gallery screen from Canvas screen.
- Fixed a problem where the angle displayed when rotating Text is difficult to read if Window Color in Settings window is "White".
- Fixed a problem where the gradation name of Gradation Map filter is displayed in languages other than Japanese and English.
- Reduced the size of some texts of the menu item which is overlooked in some languages.
[New Features in ver.5.5.0]
- Removed the limit of the maximum number of layers. (However the app runs slower if you add too many layers.)
- Added gestures to execute "Undo" by two fingers tap and "Redo" by three fingers tap on Canvas screen. (You can disable this function in the Settings window.)
- Added new filters: Radial Line filter and Speed Line filter.
- Added new prime filters: Tone Curve filter, Gradation Map filter and Clouds filter. (These are Prime features.)
- Added new blend modes: Invert, Lighter Color and Darker Color.
- Added a function to save DPI information when saving a PNG file.
- Added the support for color profiles (such as Display P3 profile) when loading image files.