This is a great tool for learning and exploring extended chords.
The App that will help you to master extended chords; the 9th, 11th and the 13th chords. ‘Chord & Triad Part II’ assists in improving the level of harmony, improvisation and aural skills.
Most chords are constructed with additional notes of odd number of scale degrees or steps. e.g. 1,3,5,7,9,11,13. The first three notes (1,3,5) are called ‘triad’, which is the skeleton of the chord. Triad is a very important clue as to what the chord is.
The more notes stacked above a triad, the richer the quality of the sound and the music becomes euphonious.
Full understanding of triads and intervals is fundamental to be able to build a chord. (Check the app ‘Interval Table’ and ‘Chord & Triad’ for fundamentals of intervals and triads)
The main goal of this app is to offer a useful framework for understanding how chords are constructed under musical rules.
- Full musical notations and letter names
- Over 200 chords of 9th, 11th & 13th
- High quality audio: both chord & arpeggio
- Easy comparison and navigation of the chords
- Includes chord formula chart
· Reduced application size by 30%
· New UI & performance optimizations