Turn your iPad/iPhone into a wind tunnel simulator !
Draw obstacles and watch the fluid flow around. Experiment with different sizes, shapes, aerodynamic profiles and see what happens !
Wind Tunnel is the extended version of the Wind Tunnel Free app. It adds visualization modes (turbulence, fluid direction), vga output, ability to load and save scenes, share scenes by email, rotate obstacles, adjust friction and viscosity and many more features.
Full feature list include :
• 4 actions : interact with the fluid, draw obstacles (free or straight lines), draw smoke sources, use eraser tool.
• visualization modes : particles (streamlines, streaklines and random), colored smoke (predefined stripes, streamlines and custom), pressure field, speed norm visualization, curl (visualize turbulences), velocity field (visualize speed direction) combined with speed norm or curl.
• Load/save scenes, share scenes by email, import obstacles shapes as png files.
• Rotate/move obstacles, pause simulation with gestures.
• Adjust physical parameters : fluid viscosity, obstacle friction, wind tunnel input speed.
• Predefined scenes : airfoil, cars, rocks, Kármán vortex street…
The Wind Tunnel app lets you create beautiful wind tunnel scenes, play with the fluid and understand physics effects.
Fluid motion is computed by solving Navier-Stokes equations, at high definition (over 50k grid cells on ipad) thanks to optimized code taking the most out of CPU performance.
-- Updated for iOS 9
-- Explore the wave nature of light in our new electromagnetic simulation app LightWave Studio!
-- Perform quantitative fluid analysis (Reynolds number, speed and viscosity units) in a refined simulation engine (second order advection, immersed boundary method) in our new Wind Tunnel CFD app developed in partnership with Numeca!
-- Wind Tunnel Pro HD renamed to 'Wind Tunnel -- for iPad'. More information at algorizk.com/windtunnel.