Yoink simplifies and improves drag and drop between windows, apps, spaces and fullscreen apps.
The app has been repeatedly featured by on the Mac App Store in numerous categories and was recommended by John Gruber of DaringFireball and Federico Viticci of MacStories.
When you start dragging files in Finder or content from an application, Yoink fades in a tiny window at the edge of your screen so you can drag to it.
This frees up your mouse so you can comfortably navigate to the destination of the files and resume the drag from Yoink's window more comfortably.
For a quick video introduction, further information and tips and tricks for getting the most out of Yoink, please visit its website.
Here's what customers say about Yoink:
"Essential. One of the few apps I use all the time." - Kraznoff, US App Store
"Simple, elegant, perfect. This is a fantastic app. It works flawlessly". - Benwiggy, UK App Store
"Handiest utility I ever purchased." - Nrgwise, US App Store
Here's what the press says about Yoink:
"Yoink is a terrific utility for macOS" - John Gruber, DaringFireball.net
"Yoink is a fantastic way to enhance drag'n'drop. Highly recommended." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Yoink is an awesome drag and drop utility for the Mac and is instrumental to me when working with full screen apps." - Jeff Benjamin, iDownloadBlog
"Yoink makes drag and drop easier." - Dan Frakes, Macworld
"Yoink really makes the whole drag and drop process much less stressful." - Whitson Gordon, lifehacker.com
"I absolutely love this little utility, it's one of the few I've come across that has had staying powers on my Macs." - James Dempsey, The Graphic Mac
If you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to write me by mail at [email protected], or on twitter at @YoinkApp or @eternalstorms.
- Add your clipboard's contents to Yoink
(either via Yoink's Advanced button at the lower left or by long-pressing its keyboard shortcut - see Yoink's Behavior preferences to set it up)
- Long-press Yoink's keyboard shortcut to recall previously removed files now also works if Yoink's window is already shown
- Preference for long-pressing Yoink's keyboard shortcut: "Bring back previously removed files" or "Add from clipboard"
- PopClip Integration: If you have PopClip by PilotMoon installed, you can now use it to send selected text to Yoink (open Yoink's Advanced preferences to install the plugin)
UPDATE: please visit https://blog.eternalstorms.at/2017/10/03/fix-for-yoink-3-4s-popclip-integration/
- Improved compatibility with Horos app
- Improved compatibility with JPEGmini
- Improved compatibility with macOS High Sierra's Messages and Mail apps
- Improved compatibility with Parallels
- Improved compatibility with ForkLift
- Improved compatibility with Keka
- When you log out of your Mac and have Yoink hidden, it will also hide when you launch it after the next login
- Improved Yoink's Korean localization in some places
- Improved Yoink's Share extension for URLs/links for macOS El Capitan and earlier
- Fixed Yoink's menu bar icon's menu's "Bring back previously removed files" behaving erratically
- Yoink doesn't keep fading out anymore when bringing back files when Yoink isn't holding any files
- Fixed a crash when opening Yoink's About window on some MacBook Pro with Touch Bar models
- Fixed a bug in macOS High Sierra where a drag sometimes would result in a selection of files in Yoink instead of a drag
Thank you for using Yoink and the great feedback you've been giving me.
You're cordially invited to visit my blog (https://blog.eternalstorms.at) or to follow me on twitter (@YoinkApp & @eternalstorms) if you'd like to follow the development process of my apps or get tips and tricks on how to get the most out of them.
I'm also providing a newsletter, which you can sign-up to at https://eternalstorms.at/newsletter
Thank you kindly,