ThumbVideo is a video player forcused on thumb manipulation holding your device with one hand.
Recent iPhone with large size screen has difficulty to control playback of video with one hand. But, you can do it with this App!!
1. Horizontal flick on the movie pane is available to forward or backward the video for some pre-set seconds.
2. Time slider (which is normally shown on the top or bottom of the screen horizontally) is shown at the left or right edge _vertically_!!
3. Drawing a circle gesture works as a jog dial like FF/REW control.
4. Long press at any point results 10x FF.
■How to play
You are able to play any of the following video files:
1. files copied via iTunes File Sharing.
2. files linked from any web page shown by in-app browser. *1
3. video captured with built-in camera
4. Movie, TV program, music video, video podcast, iTunesU contents from iTunes store (without DRM)
5. Video passed through "Open In..." feature from other App.
6. files linked with "thumbvideo://" scheme from Safari or other Apps.
-With AirPlay or Apple Digital AV adopter, you can use iOS device as flick enabled remote controller while watching video on TV/Projector.
-You can play/pause/skip forward & backward with control buttons on ear-phones of Bluetooth headsets.
-The last timecode(played point) is synced through iCloud.
- The time to forward or backward by flicking can be set individually.
-Your secret video can be hidden in "Secret Folder" (can unlock with touchID)
-Bluetooth hadware keyboard Support.
Some Tips are available at out support blog (basically in Japanese, sometime in English). Please check it to enjoy this app. Comments in any languages are welcomed.
A tiny PHP script which render the HTML list of your video files has released. It will turns your PC/Mac or PHP enabled NAS into the server for this app. Please check my support URL.
[Change] Some rework around list rotation.
- "Portrait" switch in the side menu now turn into "Landscape Only" switch for convenience who locks to portrait by OS setting. (This setting does not affect playback orientation.)
- The orientation of list when playback is finished now follow the playback orientation.