Animoog, powered by the new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is Moog Music's first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: Animoog for iPad expansion packs can not be used with Animoog for iPhone. **
** If no sound from iPad speaker but headphone is working, this is an iPad settings issue. Go to the Settings app, General tab, set "Use Side Switch to: Mute" then turn switch on side of iPad on (Mute) and off again (Unmute). Then set "Use Side Switch to: Lock Rotation" to prevent problem in future. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
Changes in 2.4.3:
• Fix for adjacent keyboard touches sometimes resulting into a legato transition instead of polyphonic notes.
Changes in 2.4.2:
• Improved playing precision when using Apple Pencil.
• Fixes to the hold switch to restore pre-2.4 behavior.
• Fixes to make the 4-track color and volume sliders work again.
• Fix for a very rare crash when Animoog goes to the background.
• Fix for rare crackles when using hold from a MIDI controller.
Changes in 2.4.1:
• Fixes for Animoog 2.4.0 startup crash on iPad 2/iPad Mini 1 and instabilities on iOS 8.
Changes in 2.4.0:
• Animoog now requires iOS 8.2 or later.
• Fully optimized graphics, keyboard layout and interaction for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
• Support for Apple Pencil pressure on the keyboard.
• Support for Apple Pencil angle as a 'pencil-angle' modulation control on the keyboard.
• Support for Apple Pencil angle as a 'path-width' modulation source along the path.
• Support for Bluetooth LE MIDI devices.
• Support for MPE input with note-per-channel MIDI controllers.
• Added collapsible Inter-App Audio transport bar.
• Consolidated 'poly-pressure' and 'chan-pressure' into one 'pressure' modulation source.
• The vertical position of the keys on initial touch is now used as the 'velocity' modulation source.
• Left and right tapping next to the scale slider will now transpose octaves down and up.
• Timbres panel improvements to make sound design easier.
• Single-tapping a timbre on the left panel now highlights it, while double-tapping scrolls to its location in the Timbres list.
• The Timbres list on the right panel is no longer collapsed when switching presets.
• Values of CC mapped controls are now sent out at preset changes.
• Incoming MIDI CC 120 now turns off all active sound.
• Incoming MIDI RPN 0 now sets the active pitch bend range.
• Minor user experience improvements when working with modal dialogs.
• Application settings are now saved immediately when changes occur.
• Fixes to timbre list where auto-scroll would overshoot at times.
• Fixes to some built-in scale definitions.