Featured on The Today Show, The New York Times, Bon Appétit, and The Next Web.
Learn how to cook, bake, and menu plan like the pros without ever leaving your kitchen table. Known as “the bible for all chefs,” and the official textbook of the famed Culinary Institute of America, The Professional Chef ebook has been built from the ground up as the richest and most all-inclusive food, cooking and baking skills resource and cookbook in your kitchen.
Mastering the skills to cook eggs, fish, poultry, grains, and meats has never been more accessible than with the book used by professional chefs. Whether you want to make pasta, pastries, and salads or learn to make soups, stocks, and base sauces, this book is your indispensable guide to go from a good cook to a great chef.
The Culinary Institute of America has trained the likes of Anthony Bourdain, Grant Achatz, Michael Symon, Anne Burrell, and many more. Now, culinary students and cooking enthusiasts alike can learn from the masters who have taught some of the world’s best and most well-known chefs.
Includes over 100 instructional videos from CIA masters
► Watch more than 100 embedded videos by CIA instructors demonstrate professional cooking and baking tips and tricks for bringing 850 restaurant-worthy recipes to the dining room table.
Beautiful and interactive learning not possible on paper
► Zoom in on nearly 750 gorgeous photos of meals, vegetables, ingredients, kitchen tools and finished dishes.
► Play with 175+ interactive enhancements that make many photos both delicious and nutritious—touch a poptip for more info, a recipe, more images, and even web links.
► Tap into the collective wisdom of cooks, amateur and professional, around the world with shared notes, discussions and commenting, right in the book.
Other Inkling ebook features included with this title
Less Search, More Find
• Search anything in your book
• Write and highlight with ease
• Notes saved in the cloud
• Scan chapter info at a glance
• Link between related ideas
• Quizzes in every chapter
• Diagrams that let you test yourself
• Find other users' best notes
• Tap key terms for definitions
Social Learning Network
• Log in via email and Facebook
• Access Google and Wikipedia
• Share your notes and highlights
• Use the notes of friends and professors
Details on book content:
No other cooking book or resource delivers the depth instructions and lesson of The Professional Chef, with in-depth content on:
• Menus and Recipes
• The Basics of Nutrition and Food Science
• Food and Kitchen Safety
• Equipment Identification
• Meat, Poultry, and Game Identification
• Fish and Shellfish Identification
• Fruit, Vegetable, and Fresh Herb Identification
• Dairy and Egg Purchasing and Identification
• Dry Goods Identification
• Mise en Place for Stocks, Sauces, and Soups
• Mise en Place for Meats, Poultry, Fish, and Shellfish
• Fabricating Meats, Poultry, and Fish
• Grilling, Broiling, and Roasting
• Sautéing, Pan Frying, and Deep Frying
• Steaming and Submersion Cooking
• Braising and Stewing
• Mise en Place for Vegetables and Fresh Herbs
• Cooking Vegetables, Potatoes, Grains and Legumes, and Pasta and Dumplings
• Cooking Eggs
• Salad Dressings and Salads
• Hors d’Oeuvre and Appetizers
• Charcuterie and Garde Manger
• Baking Mise en Place
• Yeast Breads
• Pastry Doughs and Batters
• Custards, Creams, and Mousses
• Fillings, Frostings, and Dessert Sauces
• Plated Desserts
- content updates