PolyNome is so much more than a metronome! It is the premiere musician’s tool that helps you practice, create, and innovate. Created by a working musician, PolyNome gives you all the tools you need for practice and gigging situations.
Please note that some features are part of an in-app update (see below for details).
• Practice with full drum grooves instead of a boring click!
• Download new Presets and Playlists from the Public Library!
• Share Presets/Playlists with friends/students (a great tool for music teachers)
• Create and print setlists and use it to count off songs.
• Watch the built in tutorial videos to learn how to become a power user.
• Faders for 16th notes, triplets
• Super fast tempo entry and Tap Tempo
• BIG NUMBERS
• Haptic pulse (on supported devices)
• 2 fully programmable metronomes (any rhythm, sound, accent combinations)
• Program ANY rhythm from a simple click to a full groove (per metronome)
• Save your work as Presets
• Sorting, searching, and labelling helps keep your library tidy
• Variable swing setting
• Any time signature
• Auto stop with rep counter
• Countdown timer with alarm
• Practice Events are logged. You can add notes to your events
• Subdivisions from whole note to 32nd notes with EVERYTHING in between
• Smart Volume mixer (4 channels, control of 8 assigned sounds)
• Audiobus compatible
• AirTurn bluetooth pedal compatible
In-app update to Pro enables:
• 150+ more sounds, including Bass and Keys
• Add Presets to a Playlist for super quick access to your favourite clicks
• Join presets together to create songs/clicks with multiple tempos or time signatures
• Create practice routines with audible alerts when each new exercise starts
• Auto tempo change in Playlists for practice routines. Very powerful
• Tempo Boundaries allow you to automatically increase/decrease bpm between set tempos
• Use playlists to create a setlist. If you enter the lengths of the songs PolyNome calculates the set length as you add them!
• Email or AirPrint perfectly formatted band set-lists right from PolyNome
• Advanced voice counting helps you when working on odd-time signatures
• Subdivision counting for 16th notes, triplets, or 8th notes
• PolyNome logs each preset you play, how long you played it for, and the tempo at which you played it
• View statistics and graphs showing you what you need to work on the most
• Add notes to the Daily Practice Log to help you remember how a practice session went
• Test your timing with random muting of notes or bars
PolyNome is used by the world's top musicians including Peter Erskine, Virgil Donati, Chris Coleman, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers and Will Lee.
What people are saying about PolyNome:
Peter Erskine (Steely Dan, Weather Report, Steps Ahead, Kate Bush):
“PolyNome is great for teaching, practicing and rehearsing. Tempo input by way of the number pad is a terrific feature, and the subdivision possibilities are endless. Plus, this is the only metronome I’ve used that you can actually LEARN from. Simple and brilliant: simply brilliant.”
Will Lee says...
"Wow! Polynome is a brilliant tool for drummers and any musician! It allows you to understand precisely what subdivisions among bars of time feel like, teaches you the drum rudiments, and so much more. I love "time check" where it'll leave bars of silence in between bars of click to see if your groove stays in time. One of the best apps for your toolkit!"
Tap and hold the timer to pause playback.
This update fixes an issue with the Playlist toolbar in landscape on an iPad.
It fixes an issue with rating the app. The rate button should now work if you want to leave a nice review :)
Added iPhone X support, pinch to zoom, new Playlist options and more.
Check https://polynome.net/whats-new/ for details
Don't forget to check out social media for tips and tricks : https://polynome.net/follow
Thanks for your support!