PolyNome gives you all the tools you need for practice, teaching, rhythm composing, and live performance.
The free Public Library provides hundreds of user-created Presets and practice routines to inspire you.
Please note: PolyNome Pro (also available on the App Store) is the exact same app, but with the Pro features already enabled. This version of the app requires an in-app purchase if you wish to enable the Pro Features (see below for details)
• Practice with full drum grooves instead of a boring click
• Program drum line parts with flams, drags, ties and rolls
• Download 100s of Presets and Playlists from the Public Library
• Share Presets/Playlists with friends/students (a great tool for music teachers)
• Create and print setlists and use it to count off songs.
• Upgrade to Pro and get voice counting, Konnakol, 6-octave keyboard, and more
• Faders for 16th notes, triplets
• Super fast tempo entry and Tap Tempo
• BIG NUMBERS
• Flams, Drags, Ruffs, Diddles, Rolls, Ties, Accents
• Haptic pulse (on supported devices)
• 2 fully programmable metronomes (any rhythm, sound, accent combinations)
• Program ANY rhythm from a simple click to a full groove (per metronome)
• Save your work as Presets
• Sorting, searching, and labelling helps keep your library tidy
• Variable swing setting
• Any time signature
• Auto stop with rep counter
• Countdown timer with alarm
• Practice Events are logged. You can add notes to your events
• Subdivisions from whole note to 32nd notes with EVERYTHING in between
• Smart Volume mixer
• Audiobus compatible
• AirTurn bluetooth pedal compatible
PRO FEATURES (available with in-app update)
• 150+ more sounds, including DrumLine
• 6 Octave Piano Keyboard for creating quick melodic ideas
• Konnakol Entry!
• Create band setlists with count-offs and song notes
• If you enter the lengths of the songs, PolyNome calculates the set length as you add them!
• Email or AirPrint perfectly formatted band set-lists right from PolyNome
• Create songs/clicks with multiple tempos or time signatures
• Create a "Cue Track" by turning on Auto Announce. This will announce each new item when it starts (or 1 bar before if you prefer)
• Create practice routines
• Auto tempo change options for creating quick warm-up/cool-down routines
• Tempo Boundaries allow you to automatically increase/decrease bpm between set tempos
• Advanced voice counting helps you when working on odd-time signatures
• Subdivision counting for 16th notes, triplets, or 8th notes
• PolyNome logs each preset you play, how long you played it for, and the tempo at which you played it
• View statistics and graphs showing you what you need to work on the most
• Add notes to the Daily Practice Log to help you remember how a practice session went
• Test your timing with random muting of notes or bars
PolyNome is used by the world's top musicians including Peter Erskine, Virgil Donati, Chris Coleman, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers and Will Lee.
What people are saying about PolyNome:
Peter Erskine (Steely Dan, Weather Report, Steps Ahead, Kate Bush):
“PolyNome is great for teaching, practicing and rehearsing. Tempo input by way of the number pad is a terrific feature, and the subdivision possibilities are endless. Plus, this is the only metronome I’ve used that you can actually LEARN from. Simple and brilliant: simply brilliant.”
Will Lee says...
"Wow! Polynome is a brilliant tool for drummers and any musician! It allows you to understand precisely what subdivisions among bars of time feel like, teaches you the drum rudiments, and so much more. I love "time check" where it'll leave bars of silence in between bars of click to see if your groove stays in time. One of the best apps for your toolkit!"
This update brings a few new features and fixes a few minor bugs.
MUTE LINK: Tap "Random Mute" on Met 1, you'll find new options to link the muting of the Overlay Sounds, and of Met 2, to the muting of Met 1.
SWING LINK: Tap "Swing" and you'll see a new option to link the Overlay Swing. When turned on, the "1,e,+,a" overlay sounds will be swung to the same degree as Met 1. (NOTE: when the swing setting is 8th notes, the 'e' and 'a' won't be swung and it might sound strange if you have those faders up.)
PLAYLIST MERGING: When you merge Playlists in Playlist Manager, the Auto Advance and Voice Announce settings will be honoured. Check the "What's New" in Help to see a video of this in action.
PLAYLIST ACTIONS: Select multiple Playlist items and tap Actions. There are new actions under Auto Advance Options for setting the Cue Sound.
- When loading a Playlist from the Quick Access list, it will load properly in the main window.
- Accent Reset for Detached Accents is now honoured properly.
- Fixed bug that crashed PolyNome on first load of a new build.
- Fixed some Auto Voice Announce issues.
Enjoy, and don’t forget to tag @PolyNomeApp when you post your creations. I love to see what you’re doing with PolyNome.