PolyNome gives you all the tools you need for practice, teaching, rhythm composing, and live performance.
The free Public Library provides hundreds of user-created Presets and practice routines to inspire you.
Please note: PolyNome Pro (also available on the App Store) is the exact same app, but with the Pro features already enabled. This version of the app requires an in-app purchase if you wish to enable the Pro Features (see below for details)
• Practice with full drum grooves instead of a boring click
• Program drum line parts with flams, drags, ties and rolls
• Download 100s of Presets and Playlists from the Public Library
• Share Presets/Playlists with friends/students (a great tool for music teachers)
• Create and print setlists and use it to count off songs.
• Upgrade to Pro and get voice counting, Konnakol, 6-octave keyboard, and more
• Faders for 16th notes, triplets
• Super fast tempo entry and Tap Tempo
• BIG NUMBERS
• Flams, Drags, Ruffs, Diddles, Rolls, Ties, Accents
• Haptic pulse (on supported devices)
• 2 fully programmable metronomes (any rhythm, sound, accent combinations)
• Program ANY rhythm from a simple click to a full groove (per metronome)
• Save your work as Presets
• Sorting, searching, and labelling helps keep your library tidy
• Variable swing setting
• Any time signature
• Auto stop with rep counter
• Countdown timer with alarm
• Practice Events are logged. You can add notes to your events
• Subdivisions from whole note to 32nd notes with EVERYTHING in between
• Smart Volume mixer
• Audiobus compatible
• AirTurn bluetooth pedal compatible
PRO FEATURES (available with in-app update)
• Record/Export audio file
• 150+ more sounds, including DrumLine
• 6 Octave Piano Keyboard for creating quick melodic ideas
• Konnakol Entry!
• Import setlists from Tempo or Tempo Adv
• Create band setlists with count-offs and song notes
• If you enter the lengths of the songs, PolyNome calculates the set length as you add them!
• Email or AirPrint perfectly formatted band set-lists right from PolyNome
• Create songs/clicks with multiple tempos or time signatures
• Create a "Cue Track" by turning on Auto Announce. This will announce each new item when it starts (or 1 bar before if you prefer)
• Create practice routines
• Auto tempo change options for creating quick warm-up/cool-down routines
• Tempo Boundaries allow you to automatically increase/decrease bpm between set tempos
• Advanced voice counting helps you when working on odd-time signatures
• Subdivision counting for 16th notes, triplets, or 8th notes
• Auto-Counting adds voice count to your rhythms!
• PolyNome logs each preset you play, how long you played it for, and the tempo at which you played it
• View statistics and graphs showing you what you need to work on the most
• Add notes to the Daily Practice Log to help you remember how a practice session went
• Test your timing with random muting of notes or bars
PolyNome is used by the world's top musicians including Peter Erskine, Virgil Donati, Chris Coleman, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers and Will Lee.
What people are saying about PolyNome:
Peter Erskine (Steely Dan, Weather Report, Steps Ahead, Kate Bush):
“PolyNome is great for teaching, practicing and rehearsing. Tempo input by way of the number pad is a terrific feature, and the subdivision possibilities are endless. Plus, this is the only metronome I’ve used that you can actually LEARN from. Simple and brilliant: simply brilliant.”
Will Lee says...
"Wow! Polynome is a brilliant tool for drummers and any musician! It allows you to understand precisely what subdivisions among bars of time feel like, teaches you the drum rudiments, and so much more. I love "time check" where it'll leave bars of silence in between bars of click to see if your groove stays in time."
2.5.1 adds the following features:
- Tap Tempo Start
Have you ever been in a situation where you want to play to a click, but the guitarist or pianist wants to start the song on their own? Now it's easy... In a Playlist, tap the gear button on the right and enable "Tap Tempo Start". You can choose the number of taps. Then, when you get to that item in the Playlist, just tap the play button in time with the guitarist and PolyNome will start in time with your tapping!
- "Ready, And" voice cue in Playlists.
On the Playlist Controls page, when Auto Advance and Play When Advancing are on, you can choose a "Ready, And" voice cue that will cue you as the next item is about to start. (This used to be part of the "Announce Item" feature, and it used to say "3, 4", but that wasn't great in odd time signatures.)
It also fixes some bugs. Please let me know via the Help or About page if you find any others.
If you have time to leave (or update) an App Store review, it's much appreciated and really helps with future development.
Any questions, just get in touch via the App.
Thanks for using PolyNome!