PolyNome gives you all the tools you need for practice, teaching, rhythm composing, and live performance.
The free Public Library provides hundreds of user-created Presets and practice routines to inspire you.
PLEASE NOTE: PolyNome Pro (also available on the App Store) is the exact same app, but with the Pro features already enabled. This version of the app requires an in-app purchase to enable the Pro Features (see further down the description for Pro features)
• Practice with full drum grooves instead of a boring click
• Create polyrhythms in seconds
• Test your timing with random muting
• Download 100s of free Presets and Playlists from the Public Library
• Program drum line parts with flams, drags, ties and rolls
• Share Presets/Playlists with friends/students (a great tool for music teachers)
• Create and print setlists and use it to count off songs.
• Upgrade to Pro and get voice counting, Konnakol, 6-octave keyboard, and much more
• Metronome with faders for beat subdivisions
• 2 fully programmable independent sequencers (any rhythm, sound, accent combinations)
• Super fast tempo entry and Tap Tempo
• BIG NUMBERS DISPLAY
• Variable swing setting
• Any time signature
• Auto stop with rep counter
• Countdown timer with alarm
• Practice Events are logged. You can add notes to your events
• Subdivisions from whole note to 32nd notes with EVERYTHING in between
• Flams, Drags, Ruffs, Diddles, Rolls, Ties, Accents
• Haptic pulse (on supported devices)
• Audiobus compatible
• AirTurn bluetooth pedal compatible
PRO FEATURES (available with in-app purchase)
• Track your practice time. View charts of what you've worked on. Set goals, and more.
• Randomise rhythms and sounds for ear training and groove creation
• Record/Export audio file
• 200+ more sounds, including DrumLine
• 6 Octave Piano Keyboard for creating quick melodic ideas
• Konnakol Entry!
• Import setlists from Tempo or Tempo Adv
• Create band setlists with count-offs and song notes
• If you enter the lengths of the songs, PolyNome calculates the set length as you add them!
• Email or AirPrint perfectly formatted band set-lists right from PolyNome
• Create songs/clicks with multiple tempos or time signatures
• Create a "Cue Track" by turning on Auto Announce. This will announce each new item when it starts (or 1 bar before if you prefer)
• Create practice routines
• Auto tempo change options for creating quick warm-up/cool-down routines
• Tempo Boundaries allow you to automatically increase/decrease bpm between set tempos
• Advanced voice counting helps you when working on odd-time signatures
• Subdivision counting for 16th notes, triplets, or 8th notes
• Auto-Counting adds correct voice count to your rhythms!
• PolyNome logs each preset you play, how long you played it for, and the tempo at which you played it
• View statistics and graphs showing you what you need to work on the most
• Add notes to the Daily Practice Log to help you remember how a practice session went
• Test your timing with random muting of notes or bars
PolyNome is used by the world's top musicians including Peter Erskine, Virgil Donati, Chris Coleman, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers and Will Lee.
What people are saying about PolyNome:
Peter Erskine (Steely Dan, Weather Report, Steps Ahead, Kate Bush):
“PolyNome is great for teaching, practicing and rehearsing. Tempo input by way of the number pad is a terrific feature, and the subdivision possibilities are endless. Plus, this is the only metronome I’ve used that you can actually LEARN from. Simple and brilliant: simply brilliant.”
This update includes: Gap Click Builder, Quick Access Improvements, Split Notes option in rhythm entry, Practice Log Archiving and more...
If you enjoy these improvements, please consider leaving or updating a review on the App Store. It really helps.
Here are the details. For a video demonstrating the features, check out the what's new page in the in-app Help.
Gap Click builder
With the recent interest in Gap Clicks I decided to add a Gap Click builder to the Playlist Manager. It allows you to very quickly create any gap click you might want.
Whether you want quarter notes followed by silence, or a complex combination of displaced clicks, you can do it all quickly and easily and save your custom click for re-use.
The Quick Access row at the bottom of the Playlist has had an overhaul. You can now Save and Load Quick Access lists, as well as populate the Quick Access list from an index Playlist. For example, if you install the Stick Control book from the Public Library, when you load the Index you can use it to populate the Quick Access row. Then, you can jump to any page in the book from the Quick Access panel.
Want to enter an 8th note triplet with the middle note split into 16ths? Or a group of 16th notes where the last note is 2x 32nds? You can do this easily using the "Split Notes" option in the edit menu.
Practice Log Archiving
If you have many practice events from past years and it's slowing down the stats in the Practice Log, you can now archive events. You'll find more information at the bottom of the Practice Log page. Tap Archive Events to learn more.
• You can now set tempos/reps for a section in a Playlist by selecting just the section header.
• Section Headers are clearer
• When duplicating multiple items in a Playlist, if they're not sequential, the duplicates will be added to the end of the list.
• When adding links to Playlists, the process is faster and more intuitive