Backgammon Masters is an aesthetically pleasing game for online and single player backgammon. Enjoy the ancient board game in crisp, modern graphics on your smartphone or tablet!
All board game fans will appreciate the easy to use interface, detailed visuals and many features. There is something for everybody! You can personalise your profile, challenge online players, make bets, gammon opponents, participate in tournaments, chat live, find new friends and learn all the tricks of this ancient and exciting board game!
Want to play with friends and family?
Easy! Play with your friends in hotseat mode, via bluetooth, organise tournaments and improve your skill!
Out on a trip and have no internet connection?
Just challenge our AI in any backgammon style you wish! One match will take you only 5 to 30 minutes.
Backgammon Masters supports many styles of backgammon:
» Classic backgammon - the core of the game.
» Narde (Nardi) - very popular in Russia. Longer play, since you can't hit opponent's checkers.
» Tavla (Tavli or Turkish Backgammon) - popular in Turkey. Very similar to backgammon with some rule differences regarding checker play.
» Nackgammon - variation invented by Nack Ballard with 2 differences from the original game.
» Old English Backgammon - a style popular in United Kingdom.
Despite the game's old age millions of people all around the world still enjoy this fantastic board game and its variations up to this day.
Join and become a true Master of Backgammon!
● 5 backgammon styles: Backgammon, Narde, Nackgammon, Old English and Tavla
● 4 game modes: Online game, Bluetooth peer-to-peer, against AI and Hotseat
● 100% fair and completely random dice rolls
● Option to check dice fairness in the game
● 6 beautiful boards: Classic, Metal, 10,000BC, Profi, Casino and White Crocodile!
● 2 difficulty levels in game vs AI
● Daily tournaments in backgammon and narde
● Extensive match statistics.
● Share your success on Facebook or Twitter!
● Find new friends and opponents in global chat!
● Elo score support and skill levels for players. Can you reach the top?
● Free updates!
● Highlighting available moves, Undo function, Online Chat and much, much more.
● Crisp, high definition graphics for Retina Display
Backgammon Masters is also available on AppStore for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Get Backgammon Masters and play with your friends through an online server!
Here is what our players are saying about Backgammon Masters:
“I had tried many backgammon apps: Backgammon NJ, Backgammon Deluxe, Backgammon Live, Backgammon Ace, Backgammon Gold, but I really think Backgammon Masters is the best and most exciting backgammon app currently available in the market! I play it with my friends and family all the time!"
"To put it simply, Backgammon Masters is one gorgeous looking application." -- TheiPhoneAppReview
"The game is exactly what a backgammon app should be. It has a great look, detailed instructions, and is faithful to the original game. The number of match-making offerings is impressive and the controls are easy to use." -- 148apps
Like us and follow us for the latest news, updates and free offers:
If you enjoy Backgammon Masters, leave us a rating!
We listen to our players and work constantly to improve the game and make it better.
- Quick "Sit&Go" tournaments are no longer displayed at the lower part of the tournament menu, only regular tournaments.
- 64 player limitation has been removed from regular tournaments. Now any amount of maximum players can register for a tournament, however the minimum amount is limited to 32 participants. If there are only less than 32 people registered for the tournament, it will be cancelled.
- Each match in regular tournaments now lasts until 2 points. This means that each player has a way to regain lead by winning with 2:1 and progressing to the next tour. Bet cube in tournaments is now available and the winning mode (backgammon, gammon) affects points at the end of the game.
- Changed time per move for quick "Sit&Go" tournaments and regular tournaments. Just like stated in international rules there are only 12 seconds per move right now and additional time (red timer) which is allocated for the whole match (all rounds in a game between two players). For quick "Sit&Go" tournaments this time is 2 minutes, for regular tournaments - 4 minutes, since in regular tourneys game lasts until two points. This way tournament games will become faster. Allocate your time wisely so you have enough additional time for the entire match.
- "Time" field has been added to the readiness window. First value indicates green timer (time per move which refills), second value indicates the red timer (additional time for the whole match that doesn't refill).
- Fixed a bug in player readiness window with "Ready" button not always working
- Tour number, point limit and current score is now displayed on the left side of the board
- Removed holiday theme
- Fixed bug in game logic
- Fixed minor bugs
- Fixed launch bug on OS X versions under 10.10