The most comprehensive 3D musculoskeletal reference this side of a dissection lab.
If you're an orthopedic specialist, a kinesiologist, a practitioner of sports medicine, a physical therapist, a student, or just interested in learning about how your body moves, then this is the app for you!
Incredible 3D gross human anatomy models: Over 600 muscles and more than 200 bones. 2,200 origin and insertion points detail muscle attachments. Paint shows surface areas of muscle attachments. Includes hundreds of 3D models of muscles, bones, ligaments, bursae, and nerves.
Interactive 3D muscle actions: We've got over 60 of these bad boys. Hundreds of animated models show adduction, pronation, flexion, and much more--and you can interact with them in motion!
Encyclopedic reference content for better understanding: Want to know how to pronounce a ligament's name? Want to know how a muscle is innervated? Access detailed definitions for all structures, including details on origins and insertions, muscle actions, blood supply, and innervation. Don't forget audio pronunciations and Latin names, plus over 400 quiz questions to test your knowledge!
Here are answers to the most common questions we get about Muscle Premium.
1. How is this different from your Atlas general anatomy app?
* The detailed muscle and bone content (attachment points, insertion areas, and bony landmarks) can be accessed and favorited in many ways.
* The app provides dozens of models of common musculoskeletal injuries and conditions, including:
- Cervical spondylosis
- Lateral epicondylitis
- Medial epicondylitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Wrist sprain
- Rotator cuff tear
- Trochanteric bursitis
- Hip labral tear
- Osteoarthritis of the hip
- Knee sprain
- Torn meniscus
- Osteoarthritis of the knee joint
- Achilles tendinosis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Shin splints
* All content is organized specifically for healthcare professionals and students treating or studying musculoskeletal function and common conditions.
2. How is the content organized? Is it easy to find what I want?
Content is organized by type (3D models, interactive animations, pathologies, and quizzes) and by body region (head and neck, upper limbs, shoulder, abdomen, spine & back, pelvis, and lower limbs).
* View 600+ muscles, 200+bones, and hundreds of ligaments, bursae, and
* Study hundreds of moving muscles with the library of muscle action animations.
* Study over 1,000 pins that demarcate origins and insertions on muscles or bones. Bone paint is used to show areas of muscle attachment.
* Test your knowledge by taking dozens of muscle and bone anatomy quizzes.
3. How can I make Muscle Premium specific to my needs? Is it customizable?
Yes! You can customize views by adding the anatomy you want from several body systems and hiding the rest. Plus you can annotate and share.
* Create a library of favorites in one tap.
* Use notes feature to annotate images.
* Export screenshots to use in presentations, share with colleagues, students, or patients.
* Share favorite views with other Muscle Premium users.
Muscle Premium is recommended by physical therapists, sports trainers, massage therapists, and orthopedic specialists.
iMedical Apps calls Muscle Premium “incredibly impressive at highlighting complex anatomy…The combination of impressive detail and 3D graphics mean this app is a market leader.”
Have any other questions or comments?
Email us at [email protected]
About Visible Body
Visible Body creates innovative, interactive 3D human anatomy and physiology content and apps. If you love the human body, you'll love us! Healthcare professionals and students use our apps to make learning and teaching anatomy and physiology visual and engaging. Over a million people have used our products. Founded in 1996, Visible Body also operates as Argosy Publishing.
- Now with dozens of additional pathology views in real 3D. Explore adhesive capsulitis, shin splints, wrist sprain, plantar fasciitis, and more!
- NEW! An A-Z index of all muscles. Find what you need in one tap.
- Use the Favorites feature to create a collection of normal anatomy and common pathology views.
- Use the blast icon to quickly add surrounding anatomy.