Suggester is a tool to assist in the creation of songs and chord progressions. This app will help you find chords that work together. It is efficient and fun; use it to build musical phrases that will carry emotion through tension and release.
Simply touch a chord to hear how it sound like. Press the play button to hear the chord progression sequentially and adjust the playback speed.
You can work either forward or backward:
FORWARD - Pick a scale, then build your song from the chords that the app suggests. That's the quickest way to assemble chords that are compatible.
BACKWARD - From the catalog, pick a set of chords that you like. The app will tell you what scales it matches with. After you have selected the scale you want to use, the app can tell you what chords will fit in with the ones you entered before. That is extremely useful in jam sessions!
Use Drag and Drop to reorder chords. Hold your finger on an item for a second to start the drag operation. On iPad, you can also drag chords directly from the suggestions to anywhere in your progression.
Swipe a chord from right to left to delete it.
When you're satisfied, save your experimentations for later reference. Export them by email using either a MIDI file or plain text.
Every sound generated with the app is also sent to the MIDI output, configurable in the Options. You can route these notes to another app on your device, or remotely to another computer by setting up a MIDI Network Session.
In the free version, some of these features are locked. Reach full productivity by purchasing a Full Unlock. You only need to buy it once for all your devices. To unlock your purchase on another device, select "Restore Purchases" in the Options.
Scale Types :
• Major (Ionian)
• Natural Minor (Aeolian)
• Whole Tone
• Harmonic Minor
• Jazz Minor
Chord Types :
• major triad (maj)
• minor triad (m)
• dominant 7th (7)
• minor 7th (m7)
• major 7th (M7)
• minor major seventh (mMaj7)
• half-diminished seventh (m7b5)
• dominant seventh flat fifth (7b5)
• dominant seventh sharp ninth (7#9)
• dominant seventh flat ninth (7b9)
• diminished seventh (dim7)
• augmented major seventh (augMaj7)
• dominant 7th suspended 2nd (7sus2)
• dominant 7th suspended 4th (7sus4)
• major 7th suspended 2nd (Maj7sus2)
• major 7th suspended 4th (Maj7sus4)
• 9th (9)
• minor 9th (m9)
• diminished (dim)
• augmented (aug)
• added 2nd (add2)
• minor added 2nd (madd2)
• added 4th (add4)
• minor added 4th (madd4)
• added 6th (add6)
• minor added 6th (madd6)
• added 9th (add9)
• minor added 9th (madd9)
• suspended 2nd (sus2)
• suspended 4th (sus4)
• supports iOS 6, optimized for iOS 7.
• Fully supports device rotation on iPad.
• Optimized for Retina Display.
• Compatible with iPhone and iPad.
- Added support for iOS 7 (iOS 6 is still supported)
- Added an interactive tutorial for new users.
- added new chord types: add2, madd2, add4, madd4, and 7b5.
- added new scales : Blues Scale, Prometheus Scale, Augmented Scale, Diminished Scale.
- To avoid confusion, the sixth chord (6) is now called add6, and the minor sixth (m6) is now called madd6.