Onion Browser is the original open-source Tor-powered browser for iOS. Onion Browser helps you bypass censorship and access the internet with more safety and privacy.
You can read more about Onion Browser on the official Tor Project Blog: https://blog.torproject.org/node/1255
“The best Tor-related offering on iOS right now is Onion Browser” - The Daily Dot, October 14, 2015.
Featured in: The New York Times, The Guardian, Salon, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Boing Boing, Lifehacker, Macworld, The Daily Dot, & others.
• Browse the internet over Tor:
- Websites do not see your real IP address.
- ISPs and insecure wireless networks cannot track your browsing.
- Access .onion sites that are only accessible over Tor.
• Defeat internet filters and censors with "obfs4" & "meek" traffic masking.
• Fight online tracking: use a new IP address and clear your cookies/history/cache in one button.
• And more privacy-enhancing features!
Web browsing is much slower than through a normal web browser or a VPN because your traffic is encrypted and relayed through the Tor network.
Multimedia often bypass Tor and compromise your privacy; video files and video streams are blocked by default and are not supported by Onion Browser.
Onion Browser might not work when inside countries or using ISPs that actively block Tor. If the app does not connect, try using bridges or visit the Help/Support page to see what you can do. Onion Browser does not carry any guarantee of successful use.
Use of Onion Browser is at your own risk; remember that sensitive data does not always belong on a mobile device.
Onion Browser is free and open-source software. You can read more about Onion Browser and how to support development of Tor on iOS by visiting onionbrowser.com
Onion Browser 1.7.5 is a minor update:
* Tor updated to 0.3.0.7 to ensure Tor network safety and stability. (Previous version contained 0.3.0.4-rc.)
* Built-in bridges have been updated to use the latest censorship-resistant bridges from Tor Browser. (obfs4 and meek-amazon updated.)
Other changes in the Onion Browser 1.7 series:
* Bridge handling revised so that built-in bridges get updated when Onion Browser updates. (Previously you had to de-select and re-select a bridge type to get updated bridges.)
* Tor, libevent, and OpenSSL are now built using the Tor.framework toolkit. See github.com/icepa for more information.
* The Onion Browser default homepage is now significantly faster.