Sync Folders Pro is an easy-to-use app for beginners, has the ability to fine-tune synchronization settings for the most exacting professionals.
Sync Folders Pro is perfect for backups to external storage devices including:
USB, memory cards, disks on remote computers within your network, folders on Cloud services (Dropbox, etc.) With each re-backup, the app finds and copies only new files and new file versions, thereby reducing backup time and extending the life of your storage devices.
Update to Pro+ (website version) and create a bootable clone of your hard drive and you can use it if your main drive is crashed.
The app can synchronize multiple pairs of folders at the same time "on the fly" using our "REAL TIME SYNC" technology, on a schedule or manually. The Sync Folders Pro also provides robust tools to filter files and folders so that you sync exactly what you want.
Do you have terabytes (TB) of data to sync? No problem! Sync Folders Pro has been optimized to work with extremely large number of files. Sit back and relax, your data is being automatically synced!
The app supports bidirectional synchronization!
Read the App Store reviews from 22 countries on our website! Customers are excited about the application, and we pride the customer support service. Please, contact us with any questions, we are very happy to provide quick answers and make the app better for you.
Install another our great product, VPN Server Configurator, and you can synchronize folders on a remote Mac from anywhere in the world!
Learn more at www.greenworldsoft.com.
Do you have questions?
Please watch our helpful video tutorial on our website.
- Select 2 folders to synchronize.
- Select the synchronization mode, or use the default mode. You do not need to worry about other settings, they are set to the recommended.
- Click the "Sync current task" button and your folders will be synchronized!
Set up an instant synchronization of documents between employees of your organization using the "Real Time Sync" mode.
Employees will always have the latest version of the documents for work.
This mode allows you to instantly sync documents in folders with a large number of files.
It works for 10.8 and later.
- 9 modes of synchronization.
- 4 file comparison modes allow to synchronize files on the storage devices with different file systems (OS X, FAT32, etc.)
- Ability to select what package types synchronize as files, and which as folders.
- You can transform the app to the convenient file manager using powerful filters for files and folders and writing your own copy script.
- Synchronization over the network. The ability to automatically connect network folders before synchronization.
- The ability to disconnect network folders after synchronization automatically.
- Protection for unauthorized disconnect storage devices (folders) during synchronization.
- Saving the last/all versions of files to be deleted. Using this mode, you can always restore deleted files, even if folders have synchronized several times.
- Quick view the latest changes in synchronized folders.
- Ability to log events. You can filter events by type, task, status. Ability to export the event log to an external file.
- Ability to send event log by e-mail in case of synchronization errors.
- Synchronization of subfolder attributes.
- Writing your own copy scripts, for example:
- Copy all non-synced files to selected folder before copying.
- Copying files using Unix commands: cp, rsync ...
Many thanks to falconexe for his ongoing help with the English translation!
- Improved macOS 10.15 compatibility.
- Added Spotlight Manager for "Real Time Sync" mode. Ability to enable / disable disks indexing.
- Added Mojave Dark Mode.
- Improved log. You can select multiple log events to view.
- Include/Exclude DS_Store files (Exclude List)
- Added "Sync a package type as file" mode (Pro Settings)
- Added "Start app at login" in the app settings.
- Added the ability to enable / disable to display the copying file progress.
- Shows the description when select the sync mode.
- Improved Log. Increased the writing speed in the log. Added grouping, sorting in the log view.
- Improved synchronization of the network and the NAS folders.
- Added "Exclude List". You can exclude the subfolders, files, aliases, hidden files and subfolders, files with specific extensions.
- Ability to move the items within the task table. Arbitrary sorting of the items.
- Edit settings for multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Copy, remove selected tasks.
- Confirmation to remove the task.
- Improved mode "Last changes" (Optimized to work with a large number of items).
- Additional monitor of the synchronization process.
- Added "Resolving the file versions conflict".
- Limitation of file date, file size, copying speed and other solutions available on the website.
- Added "Prevents accidental deletion of all files" mode.
- Improved protection for unauthorized disconnect drives (folders) during sync.
- Added "Email Error Log".
Drive Type (for better compatibility with different drive type):
- Mac OS. Drive supports the saving original timestamp of Mac when copying.
- FAT32, ExFAT. Timestamp may differ from the original timestamp in some seconds after copying.
- Drive doesn’t support the saving original timestamp of Mac when copying. Some NAS types.
- The app prevents sleep mode during synchronization or using "Auto Sync" mode
- Enable/disable showing App icon in the Dock
- Grayscale/Color icon in Menu Bar
- Enable/disable character indication of Sync-Results in Menu Bar
- Enable/disable "Reset of Error-Indication Every New Sync"
- Sync locked files
- Added button "Reset Database"
- Improved protection for unauthorized disconnect drives (folders) during sync
- Improved work "Folder Filter". Possibility to make «Folder Filter» for sub-path as: =exact=subfolder1/subfolder2/subfolderN
- Added "Sync Subfolder Attributes"
- Added "Use shell command to copy". You can write your own copy scripts, for example:
- Copy all the synchronized files to a selected folder (in addition)
- Copy files using Unix commands: cp, rsync, etc.
- Real Time Sync: It allows you to instantly synchronize changes in folders with any number of subfolders and files (including those with a lot of subfolders and files). It works for 10.8 and later. The Real Time Sync mode supports the main types of files as: .pages, .txt, .pdf, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .dot, .ods, .jpg, .png, .avi, .mov, and etc. Low usage CPU and RAM in this mode
- Shows the date of the "Next Sync"
- Protection during copying
- Timer before Auto Sync
- Connect to network folders at launch
- Disconnect network folders after sync
- Improved filter. Filter by the beginning, ending, exact match, any match string. =begin=String, or =end=String, or =exact=String, or ==String. You can use complex filtering conditions as (=begin=2009, and =end=.jpg,) or (=begin=2010, and =end=.png,)