Instabrowser is the fastest web browser for iPhone. Inspired by read-it-later apps like Instapaper and Readability, Instabrowser lets you read-it-now by downloading just the HTML of a page and mobilizing it into a clean, one-column layout. It can cut data usage and load times by 90% or more. It's great when you're on a slow 3G connection or viewing a webpage that doesn't have a mobile layout.
"If your priority is loading speed or minimal data usage, Instabrowser is what you're looking for." - Lifehacker
How does it work?
Finally, Instabrowser builds a Table of Contents for mobilized webpages. This lets you quickly jump to different parts of a webpage - like article titles or section headers. You can swipe left or tap the link icon at the bottom right to access this feature.
Who is it for?
Instabrowser was designed by a reader, for readers. All content is formatted into one easy-to-read column, and you can customize the font size and spacing. In addition, Instabrowser is great for users on the go, especially with older devices or slow connections, due to its blazing speed.
Instabrowser is also great for VoiceOver users - in particular, the Table of Contents feature helps tremendously with navigation. Instabrowser was very positively reviewed by Dr. Robert Carter, a blind iPhone user.
In short: if you browse the web on your iPhone, Instabrowser is for you.
‣ Webpage caching. Webpages you've viewed will still be there for you, even if your internet connection isn't.
‣ Accurate download readouts - you can tell exactly how fast your connection is.
‣ Instabrowser works great even on very slow connections, making browsing on 2G networks like GPRS or EDGE possible.
‣ Accessibility support. Instabrowser's mobilization engine and Table of Contents feature makes it great for visually impaired users.
‣ Since Instabrowser can display the alt & title text of images, it's great for testing your website's accessibility (like for 508 compliance).
‣ Unlimited Tabs!
‣ All the other features you'd expect from a browser, like search autocompletion, history and bookmarks.
- Update for iOS 11 Compatibility
- Fixed many encoding detection & parsing issues. Many websites that previously would display gibberish now display readable text.
- Instabrowser will now ignore invalid UTF-8 characters after detecting UTF-8, instead of parsing as ISO 8859-1, consistent with many other web browsers.
More updates will be coming! Thanks for your continued support.