• What users say: "Fantastic ArtScience offering!", "Such a fun, beautiful and relaxing App.", "It's a universe of wonder", "The Best Art App" ...
• 10/10 stars on Musthaveapps.de
• Users' choice in 2015 Tabby Awards
• Third place in Best App Ever Awards
• Global 4.7 stars average rating based on over 2000 ratings
iOrnament combines art and science, creativity and education, math and fun. With iOrnament everyone can be an artist. You draw strokes and iOrnament repeats them according to rules of symmetry. You will create fascinating ornaments and intricate designs. Fun and challenge from ages 3 to 103. Interactive pop-up tutorial and many drawing tips included!
New in Version 2: Dynamic strokes and support for 3D Touch and Apple Pencil.
iOrnament is an app that is designed for drawing ornamental designs that are both artistically and mathematically fascinating. You draw simple strokes and the app repeats them over and over according to the rules of the 17 crystallographic wallpaper groups. By this, fantastic symmetric patterns are created. Kaleidoscope like pictures, tilings, complicated knots and artistic pavements are right at your fingertips. In addition iOrnament contains an interactive pop-up book that explains mathematical backgrounds on the theory of wallpaper groups and a sampler of classical ornaments from ancient cultures.
The design of iOrnament is based on extensive experience in interactive science exhibitions. Children of all ages love it as well as scientifically or artistically interested adults.
• full support of all 17 wallpaper groups
• artistic rainbow color palette and pens
• support for Apple Pencil
• glow pen to add highlights
• English and German language support
• export to photos, e-mail and facebook
• saving, loading and recovering
• extensive collection of tips for usage
• preview of symmetries and fundamental cells
• animated drawing process
• change symmetry type on the fly
• scroll, zoom and rotate
• unlimited undo/redo
• full featured iPhone 5 and iPad versions
• supports Retina Display
• interactive tutorial on math backgrounds
• sampler of classical ornaments
• based on mathematical theory
• supports rosette symmetries
• integration of ornament world exhibition
Via In-App Purchase
• 3D ornaments on spheres
• Escheresque color symmetries
• layers and brushes
• background colors and textures
Further information, example galleries and demo videos at www.science-to-touch.com.
Version 2.0 of iOrnament is major step forward. Hightlighs are:
* Higher internal resolution
* Support for Apple Pencil and 3D Touch
* Dynamic strokes (also without pencil)
* More storage slots
* Completely reworked drawing algorithms
* Full advantage of iOS 9 advanced touch features
And for Pro Upgrade
* Background colors
* Export of transparent layers
To summarize: "A single stroke has never been that expressive"