Welcome to Outline: simple yet powerful knowledge management app
Outline is a powerful, full-featured note-taker, perfect for students, teachers, physicians, lawyers, executives and everyone who needs to sketch ideas, organize notes, annotate documents, keep any kind of journals.
Type and write, draw and annotate, import, export and sync! Creating and managing data is fun, and iPad equipped with Outline becomes irreplaceable!
"My old digital notebooks just came alive with Outline. Its stunning graphics and animation seemed surreal. I can touch sections and list pages just like I would do it with a paper notebook." - Outline user.
**Enjoy your notes**
Type, write or draw anywhere on a page. Much like in a good old paper notebook, you just do it your way, without the constraints of a tool! Limits are a thing of the past: arrange your ideas in Outline as they grow and populate the canvas.
**Organize your data**
The flawless organization of Outline visually portrays the hierarchy of your ideas. Create sections, pages and groups of sections within a notebook and have them customized to that specific subject. You won't get lost, but pleased with the simplicity of such structure.
The power of a full featured text editor right when you need it. Built-in styles. Lists. Tables. Tags. Hyperlinks. Everything that gives you an easier time visualizing and structuring your thoughts is wrapped up into one multifunctional note-taking app.
**Draw. Highlight. Annotate**
When you’re thinking of something beyond words… Draw it! Built-in pens and highlighter tool allow you to express your ideas in the easiest way ever! Annotate text, images and printouts
with colorful inks. Use magic highlighters to emphasize text in one easy stroke.
**Attach files and insert printouts**
To collect related documents in one place, add them as file attachments or insert them as printouts for annotation. This way Outline becomes a universal tool for storing and working with your data.
**Sync your data**
We provide a multitude of sync methods, so feel free to choose your favorite cloud. A broad range of services to keep your notebooks on iPad and Mac up-to-date like Box, Dropbox, iCloud, WebDav and iTunes (manual transfer) is guaranteed. Additional services like OneDrive and SharePoint support are offered as a part of OneNote compatibility.
**Protect your notes**
Sensitive data deserves special attention and security. You are free to choose where to store your data with Outline - locally or in your favorite cloud. Section password protection will keep your information safe using industry standard encryption algorithms. You have fine grained control when to automatically lock protected sections.
**Use with Microsoft OneNote**
Outline works with local OneNote files on your iPad or Mac. you can also synchronize with OneDrive or Sharepoint to can collaborate on notes with colleagues who use OneNote.
Microsoft OneNote file format support:
▪ OneNote 2010+ - supported
▪ OneNote 2007 - read-only
▪ OneNote 2003 - not supported
Microsoft Sync Services support:
▪ SharePoint on-premise 2010+ - supported
▪ OneDrive Personal - supported
▪ OneDrive for Business - supported
▪ SharePoint Online - not fully supported at the moment, you can access only top level site
Editor Improvements and Bug Fixes
- [BIG] Text Editor now supports line and paragraph spacing. This is currently applied to built-in font styles and when you paste content from other apps.
- [BIG] Reworked logic of containers sizing depending on child content. That fixed some nasty bugs (like images overflowing container size in some cases) and added new functionality - table column width is determined automatically unless you explicitly set it.
- Improved page loading speed
- Mouse Selection from left to right worked incorrectly sometimes
- Internal copy paste of content from one-column table added borders
- Fixed problem that could cause section data file problems in some rare cases. The problem occured when user quickly added many images/files to a page.
- Opening attached pdf file with '%20' in its name opened containing folder, not the file
- Text after hyperlink occasionally got underlined
- App Crash when trying to delete table row if there is image in previous row
- Hyperlink detection has been be improved
- Text Alignment has been lost when copy from Safari to Outline
- Selection was not visible in tables with invisible borders
- Application crashed when single cell has been deleted using 'delete row' function
Sync and Merge Improvements
- Fixed promblem in merge that could cause duplicate sections
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Page exported to PDF has been missing some of trhe content in some rare cases
- [iOS] Improved spellchecker (langiuage detection)
- [iOS] Marked text (blue rectangle) is not discarded in some situations
- [IOS] Highlight of word to be replaced is positioned incorrectly