Moneydance is a complete personal financial management application that includes features such as online banking, online bill payment, investment management, budget tracking, scheduled transactions, check printing, detailed graphs, reports and much more.
∞ HOME PAGE
This is an overview of your finances. The information shown includes account balances, upcoming and overdue transactions and reminders, and exchange rate information. Clicking on an account or choosing an account from the drop-down account list will take you to the register for that account, where you can enter transactions or reconcile the account against a statement. Clicking on a transaction reminder will display a window where you can automatically record the transaction.
∞ ONLINE BANKING
Moneydance can automatically download transactions and send payments online from hundreds of financial institutions. It learns how to categorize and clean up downloaded transactions. Send online payments, for banks that support them, directly from scheduled transaction notifications. View the full list of supported direct-download banks at http://moneydance.com/fi Please note that some banks charge a monthly fee for download and bill payment services.
∞ ACCOUNT REGISTERS
The account register is used to enter, edit, and delete transactions in an account. It is visually similar to a paper checkbook register, but the calculation of balances and sorting of transactions is all done automatically. The payee auto-complete feature makes it easier to enter and categorize your transactions.
Follow your investments and bring your portfolio into focus with support for stocks, bonds, CDs, mutual funds, and more. View the total value of your investment accounts or the performance of individual stocks and mutual funds over time. Stock splits and cost basis computations are a snap, and current prices can be downloaded automatically.
You can set up a payment schedule for single or recurring transactions so you'll never miss a payment.
Use the graphing tool to generate visual reports of your income and expenses. Set the graph type, the date range, and any specific settings for the type of graph you desire. Pop-up balloons display more information about the data being graphed as you move the mouse pointer over different regions of the screen. Graphs can also be printed or saved to PNG image files.
Set spending targets for categories per month, week or any other interval. View your up-to-the-minute budget status right in the toolbar, on the home page or in detailed graphs and reports. Use the highly acclaimed "envelope method" to specify expenses for each period and your to-the-minute status is shown with over-budget items highlighted. Moneydance will help you set a target and stick to it!
Enable file syncing to share or collaborate on a data file across multiple computers. Whether sharing with your partner or accountant, syncing your data will provide secure efficient access to your accounts from any computer.
∞ NATURAL LANGUAGE TRANSACTION ENTRY
Start typing a transaction description into the search field and Moneydance will intelligently fill in the details based on natural language date parsing and your history. For example, typing "1.23 sta" will display a transaction entry panel with the name Starbucks, category "Coffee", today’s date under the last account to have a transaction for Starbucks. The description, category and account are filled in based on your history.
Attach images, PDFs, and other such files to transactions by dragging the file into the register. Clicking an attachment thumbnail will open it in an appropriate application.
When you're on the go, you can use the Moneydance mobile app to enter or edit transactions and view balances. Changes are synced instantly and securely with your desktop. Available for free in the app store for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
As usual Moneydance has fantastic support for online banking & bill payment, credit card & bank account management, budgeting, investing, mobile app syncing and more. Moneydance 2017.3 brings further improvements including:
* Improved computer-to-computer syncing and smoother setup of synced computers. Simply install Moneydance on any computer and select the File->New menu and choose the Open Synced File option to have full access to your finances from anywhere. Changes are automatically synced between computers without fear of conflict.
* Improved Scripting with Python: In addition to the Python script runner, this version includes some additional Python Libraries (Requests, and mathplotlib) as well as the ability to load and run extensions written in Python, or more easily edit and run your own scripts.
* New text file importer! Import all kinds of text files (CSV, tab-delimited, etc) with automatic delimiter, field type, and date format detection. It also detects and eliminates duplicates, cleans up descriptions, and automatically guesses categories based on previous imports.
* Display new syncing method notification when opening a file stored in Dropbox
* Improve automatic merging of downloaded transactions
* Move to Dropbox v2 API (so please update quickly to keep mobile app syncing working!)
* Update HTTP implementation to work around problems with Discover online banking
* Improve security by removing all traces of previous encryption passphrase
* In cash flow (and detailed cash flow) reports, expenses are now shown in negative numbers so that the display along with income values makes sense
* Add new Python libraries for use in built-in scripts and extensions: matplotlib, and requests.
* Fix bug in which dividend reinvestments were displayed as regular dividends
* Set default cost basis method for new security accounts based on the cost basis calculation method from the most recently created or edited security
* Attempt to reduce the ridiculous delay when connecting to printing system on macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and later (but it's still slow... we're working on it!)
* Add option to change time period for upcoming reminders shown on the summary screen
* Improve initial opening speed by consolidating recent changes into a single batch
* Fix automatic setting of exchange rate or security price based on new transactions
* Update trusted certificate list to allow connections to more banks
* Update the process for opening synced files
* More undo-able operations
* Improved developer/plugin/scripting support: access to online banking transaction processing and merging, onling banking authentication, and undo/redo support for changes to any syncable objects.
* Visual improvements to sidebar
* Fixed bug in passphrase prompt when switching files
* Tweaked wording of positive/negative credit/liability account balances
* If the syncing method is changed or disabled, reset or disconnect all the other sync methods. This way, if a shared folder is selected for syncing, another virtual synced document can be created by turning syncing off and then on again. This also provides a way to purge Dropbox Connection authentication information from the local storage, which forces re-authentication.
* Sidebar and account icon colours are now themeable
A major (but not new) feature is our absolute defense of your privacy. All of your data stays on your computer, encrypted and completely under your control. If you enable syncing then your data is communicated over a medium that you choose (either Dropbox, or a shared folder of your choice). All synced data is fully end-to-end encrypted, which means that even Dropbox (or your chosen shared file service) cannot decrypt and access the data. Unlike most other financial software, Moneydance never uploads your online banking password to anyone but your bank.