Meta helps you manage your ever-growing digital music collection.
With Meta you can easily edit information such as a song's artist, title, album, album cover, etc. It supports editing of most audio formats such as mp3, mp4, m4a, flac, ogg, oga, spx, wav, aiff… and a variety of metadata formats including ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags, got you covered !
- A polished, intuitive user interface that adopts Mac OS' standards
- Write metadata to multiple files at once (Batch Tag Editing)
- Remove all metadata from files (Strip Tags)
- Change typecase (capitalise, upper/lowercase, titlecase), strip underscores
- Rename files based on their metadata or instead, convert filenames to metadata
- Create directory structures based on the files metadata
- Find & Replace characters, words or strings in metadata, with support for regular expressions (ie. Patterns).
Album covers can easily be set or exported via drag & drop, and it is possible to configure Meta so that it scales, crops, and compresses images each time a new image is set, so as to keep your audio files' size to a minimum.
…and there's more:
- Add selected tracks to iTunes, or refresh their metadata using a simple keyboard shortcut
- Automatically generate track numbers
- Benefit from built in file management operations (Move, Delete, Reveal in Finder…)
- Interface is compatible with Retina displays
Meta is built by a one-man band, dedicated to bringing you frequent free feature updates. If you want to contribute to making Meta even better, get in touch via the App Store “Support” link, or tweet us @meta4mac.
What's New ?
- iTunes Integration: Added an option to enable autocomplete of artists, composers, and genres using metadata from the iTunes library. Also Meta now automatically asks for removal of tracks from the iTunes library when files are deleted.
- Convert to Tags: New wildcard and other handy escape tokens to filter out unwanted data
- Convert to Filename: Zero-Padding length now adapts to the “total” value (ie. 005/100).
- Added an option to preserve file modification dates
- Added the ability to manually re-order tracks via drag & drop
- Enhanced the files-list context menu (Added an “Open With” menu)
- Fixed the progress window not being dismissed when the app is hidden or minimised.
- Fixed a potential crash when using the text finder (Find/Replace).
- Fixed the conversion pattern selection not being correctly persisted to the user defaults.