Meta is a complete tool that helps you manage your digital music collection. It allows for easily editing audio metadata (tags) such as a song's artist, title, album, artwork, etc…
• Supported Formats:
- Audio files: .mp3 .mp4 .m4a .flac .ogg .oga .opus .speex .wav .aiff .dsf .dsdiff
- Metadata: ID3v1, ID3v2.3/v2.4, APE, MP4, Vorbis, INFO Tags.
- Straightforward, native user interface that follows macOS' Standards.
- Batch Editing: Apply changes to a selection of files at once.
- Preview audio and artworks without leaving Meta, using Quick Look.
- Perform string transformations.
- Find and replace text, or regular expressions.
- Rename files, extract tags from file names, or even create directories by specifying metadata patterns.
- Easily set or export album artworks using drag & drop.
- Adjust artworks (scale, crop, compress) either on demand, or automatically upon adding new artwork, to keep your audio files size to a minimum.
- Find album artworks online with a single click using the Cover Finder feature (additional in-app purchase)
…and there's more:
- Generate track number sequences: just choose an index and increment, and Meta will do the rest.
- Batch cut/copy/paste metadata: very useful in-app, and to exchange data with Numbers or Excel spreadsheets as CSV.
- Take advantage of handy file operations, in-app (move, delete, open with, reveal in finder, etc…)
- Utility popovers that help you edit long text (lyrics, comments), BPM (tap tempo), or dates so you don’t have to worry about what format to use.
• iTunes Friendly:
Add selected tracks to iTunes, or refresh their metadata once edited in Meta.
Optionally get autocomplete suggestions from iTunes’s database.
• Meta’s Interface can be Customised:
View Configurations allow you to define lists of tags you want to view/edit.
You can then quickly switch between configurations, depending on your needs (for example: common, advanced, sorting, podcast-related, etc…)
• Fast, Clean, and Reliable:
Edits are instantaneous. Any changes can easily be undone.
And most of all, Meta is powered by Taglib: a well-tested, open-source tagging engine.
If you want to contribute to making Meta even better, get in touch via the App Store “Support” link, or tweet us @meta4mac
- Added the ability to specify the artwork export name using a pattern
- “Create Directories” now shows a progress indicator
- “Create Directories” now offers an option to copy files instead of moving them
- Meta will automatically offer to fix various errors that might occur when performing file operations
- When browsing for audio files, only accepted types will be selectable
- System Information .spx files are now ignored. (were previously mistaken for OGG Speex audio files)
- Fixed various crashes when using Find & Replace
- Fixed a crash when importing files
- Fixed a crash when backspace-deleting in the sidebar editor
- Fixed thumbnail image resolution for retina macs in the Cover Finder
- Fixed a bug where the album name would not be pre-filled in the Cover Finder